Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one knows a HAM radio with PA feature?

The only one I could find that supports PA is the YAESU FTM-10E.

(Thanks to the folks in here for telling me that the feature is "PA". However I have to choose a HAM radio since my region does not allocate any bands for CB.)

·
Registered
251 Posts
I do not know of a Ham that has that function but i have a cobra 29 CB that has the PA function

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
I don't know of a single one... In my truck I use a siren for the PA. You can run the radio into it as well to broadcast over the speaker. Most have a 60w and 100w or 200w tap.
There are many Whelen PA300's or Federal TM4's on the market used. If you do go that way get a good matching speaker too, these watts will burn up a radio shack speaker. A Whelen "cannon ball" is probably the best.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah been searching and never found one either. I've concluded to go for IC-7000 and then hack the PA integration into it somehow.

I was wondering if there are ham microphones that have two wires where one goes to ham and the other to PA, as well as an additional trigger activate the PA. That'd be a nice option imo.

The only way I see it is by the means of a switch. I.e. putting a switch into my ARB roof console, connect the microphone to it, and then let the switch internally connect to both the PA and ham radios. I think this is the most realistic idea so far.

If anyone has even superior ideas, kindly chime in. Much appreciated :cheers:.

Thanks,
Maxtor

·
Registered
832 Posts
They make remote sirens for undercover cars and such where you can just have a remote switch for functions and then you could switch the mic leads.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts