Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
OK I have my Kenwood D710G installed in the truck so I'm up and running on APRS!

Are we doing anything special with APRS down there?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Mark
K2RBA
Technician
No VE
Kenwood TM-d710 w/Green Light Labs GPS running APRS (K2RBA-9). Baofeng HF.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Sunday 6/29 morning update to HAM's attending Summit List and Repeater Listing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Thanks for the update / PDF!

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Robert,

Thanks for doing this! I wanted to have a list with hams on different trails so we could have a set up at Summit HQ running aprs.fi showing where folks were on the trails.

Unfortunately, some health issues and tests have been occupying my time...

We are having a Q & A and a test session. We are working with Jonathon to get the day and time set so he can publish it!

dale W5WI

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
OK I have my Kenwood D710G installed in the truck so I'm up and running on APRS!

Are we doing anything special with APRS down there?
There are several folks who are tracking all of our progress to the Summit using aprs.fi or other tracking programs. I'll be with the DFW Convoy and I plan to check others on my Yaesu FTM400 as I travel and in the motel when we are halfway.

We are working with the Summit Directors to get a large screen TV hooked to a laptop in the HQ tent or at least a laptop running aprs.fi so folks can check trail runs, etc.

Our goal is to emphasis the value and importance of ham radio to off-roading!

dale W5WI

·
Registered
136 Posts
There are several folks who are tracking all of our progress to the Summit using aprs.fi or other tracking programs. I'll be with the DFW Convoy and I plan to check others on my Yaesu FTM400 as I travel and in the motel when we are halfway.

We are working with the Summit Directors to get a large screen TV hooked to a laptop in the HQ tent or at least a laptop running aprs.fi so folks can check trail runs, etc.

dale W5WI
Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to get all the APRS stuff set up correctly on my new rig but I'm sure someone who knows more about radios then I do will be around on Wednesday to help me out.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to get all the APRS stuff set up correctly on my new rig but I'm sure someone who knows more about radios then I do will be around on Wednesday to help me out.
Same here...Hopefully will have my general ticket before Summit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
High Altitude Communications has committed to sponsor this years FJ Summit! They will be on site to answer any of your questions and quite possibly doing an install demo.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Monday 6/30 morning update.

I have updated and added runs that folks are on for those that have posted run times.

If you find a mistake (be kind) let me know and I will get it corrected.

Dale - Glad to be of service. I am bringing my VE credentials so hopefully the test session time won't conflict with any of our runs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Tuesday 7/1 afternoon update

Thanks Dorton for the updated information

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts

dale W5WI
Thats very cool!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello all,

Name: Andrew Peterson
Callsign: KK6FMK
License Class: Technician
VE (?): I would like to upgrade to a general and have a passenger that needs a technician exam.
Equipment Yaesu VX8 2m, 70cm, APRS

Trails and times:
Thursday Black Bear Photo Trail at 09:30 AM
Friday Alpine Loop (Engineer and Cinnamon Passes) at 08:00 AM
Saturday California/Corkscrew Photo Trail at 09:40 AM

See you soon,

Andrew

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Wednesday 7/2 morning update.

Added a couple of new folks.

Also have included a single page format and a 2 page format so you can print which ever one meets your needs best.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just in! We have secured a testing location for the Summit. The ARRL Amateur Radio Exam Session will be held on Thursday, the 17th at 4:30pm in the Breakfast Room at the Twin Peaks. Use the next two weeks to study up and get your license this year to use next year!

Huge thank you to our HAM volunteers who will be administering the test! KDØWFO

If the OP can add this to the original post that would be great!

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
**UPDATE TO TRAILS**

Name: Eric Cagle
Callsign: KK4ZHT
License Class: Technician
VE (?): no
Equipment (2m, 70cm, APRS, HF, etc.): Yaesu FT-7900R, BaoFeng UV-5R+

Trails and times:
Thursday: Imogene to Ophir at 0750
Friday: Black Bear to Ophir at 0800
Saturday: California & Corkscrew sponsored by Discount Tire at 0910

·
Registered
62 Posts
QST QST QST,

All VEs who is willing to support the exam session need to bring their valid ARRL VE badge to show VE liaison in order to join the FJ Summit VE team and must follow the instructions by VE liaison for the administrative matter. There is no way to verify who held the VE credential from ARRL VEC without showing valid VE badge.
I'll be a liaison this year. Please send me a message if you have any questions about VE administration.

Yoshi
WH7JJ

41 - 60 of 92 Posts