Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
POST UP YOUR FAVORITE MEMORIES OF YOUR DAD ON THIS THREAD ALSO......................

:)- Anonymous

A Dad is a person
who is loving and kind,
And often he knows
what you have on your mind.

He's someone who listens,
suggests, and defends
A dad can be one
of your very best friends!

He's proud of your triumphs
but when things go wrong
A dad can be patient
and helpful and strong.

In all that you do,
a dad's love plays a part
There's always a place for him
deep in your heart.

And each year that passes
you're even more glad,
More grateful and proud
just to call him your dad!

Thank you, Dad ...
for listening and caring
for giving and sharing
but, especially, for just being you!

Happy Father's Day

I did not write this but It is something I hope all of us have been able to Enstow in our children.. Even if you had a bad childhood, or a Dad you never knew. This is something you can Plant in your heart maybe and Give to your Children.. Hope you have a great day!!!!:)

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
as a proud father of 2 fantastic girls that i love, i wish the rest of you dads out there a HAPPY FATHERS DAY, and make sure you call or see your dad today, my dad died in 1997 but i will be calling my father in law to wish him the best

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I was growing up My Dad is,was a music teacher and a musician. we had a music store in the basement of our house.. I knew at an early age that i was supposed to be a musician. I used to sit at our heater register listening to him give lessons below me. then at the age of 7 he started teaching me the bass guitar. at the age of nine he and I grew together going to recitals and small Bars with a electronic drummer machine playing for 3 or 4 hours and hey i even made anywhere from 28 to 45 bucks a gig. that was a lot back then for a kid my age.

One of the greatest things about this story though, is the times and experiences, stories, Patience and Love he gave to me during these times. I think he knew when i hit the 13 or 14 age i was not going to listen to him anymore. he was pretty Dumb when i was 14 until i was around 24 , then he became a very smart guy.. and I could write a book on all the fun and laughs we shared and the great experience of Playing Music.. I feel like this was a unique thing that i was lucky enough to have with my dad.. this story goes on and on and on, But I just want to say Thanks Dad for not giving up on me, for believing in me, and giving me a gift of music that i took out on the road, and had many great things happen to me, and a lot of fun times.... Thanks Dad....

Now i grow older and times have changed, as i now see the grey in my Hair and wrinkles on my face..I would not have traded it for anything.... Thanks Dad.:pinklove:

Just thought I would share 1 of my stories with my dad, Because now we are out of touch and have not seen each other for over 2 years. and thats another story...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
your a lucky stringmachine, my dad was the opposite,my mom on the other hand is the best

·
Registered
916 Posts
Happy Fathers Day to all of you too! I've been given the gift of two sons.

Just a handful of shots of #1 son yesterday. Football season started for my oldest in Feb. (Spring and summer Flag Football). The final game is 2nd weekend in July. The 3rd week in July its off to camp for a week. Then another camp closer to home at the last week of July. In the first week of august, 5 days x 2 hours practice starts, then Sept the season starts. :rock He opted out of baseball this year for 2 seasons of flag football.

The very bottom pics is my son and another kid that shared the MVP award after his team won the superbowl of junior football in the 07' season.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
great pictures

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Absolutely. I wouldn't be who I am today without my father. It doesn't have to be a biological father, though. We've all had someone in our lives who was a "father" figure in our lives. Whoever that may be, you should thank them today. Everyone have a great day in celebration and remembrance of fathers!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am in the same boat with those out there that didn't have the best of childhoods. I haven't spoken to my father in 13 years; but without him, I wouldn't be where I am today. Don't get me wrong, I don't give him the credit, I am not strong because of my father, but because of what I endured from my father. Today, I am a stonger person and my strength is what has gotten me where I am today.

I have never wanted a child, but within the past couple of years I have felt "spoken to" and now I am expecting my first in two weeks...a girl: Abigail (Abby)...I apologize to my wonderful wife for it taking this long. I'm happy, nervous...FREAKING OUT...and I have never felt more love in my life!!!

I hope and pray that I will be a good father. I hope that I will be able to build up my daughter and that one day she will say that she is strong...because of her father.

P.S. I'm counting on the "cool dad" points because of the FJC :rocker:

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Happy Father's Day guys!!! I hope you all get treated like Kings!!!:king:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I hope and pray that I will be a good father. I hope that I will be able to build up my daughter and that one day she will say that she is strong...because of her father.

P.S. I'm counting on the "cool dad" points because of the FJC :rocker:
youll be a great dad :) the fact that you care so much to be, says it all.
congrats on the lil one on the way. shes a lucky lil bean, plus... you get the cool points for drivin the FJ ... youll see how lucky YOU are tho, once that lil girl arrives. you will never know a love .. like the love from parent to child, until you have your own. you fall in love over and over and over and over with those cuties. My daughter is 9 now.. the time goes so so so fast.. i feel like i just had her yesterday, blinked my eyes and shes wearing lip gloss and talking on the phone to her friends. ...
even tho im not a dad.. i get cool mom points for driving the fj :p
she allllways wants picked up from school so everyone can see it lol....
she gets cool kid points for encouraging me to get the lift kit tho ;)

happy fathers day to all of you fathers out there... ( and soon to be's) .. i know i wouldnt be half the woman i am, if it werent for my awesome father whom i love so so dearly. and even though i will always be daddys lil girl.. and he has everything to do with the strong woman i turned out to be. as stern as he can be, as much as i resisted him in my teens, the fact that even still today, at 33.. if he raises his voice at me i still cry instantly and feel like im 4 ys old lol...... he has held my hand all along the way and never stopped being my father. he is my rock, he is my protector, he is my teacher, he is my friend, he is everything a father should be. i adore him, i love him, i respect him, i appreciate him.. i feel so fortunate to have such a wonderful dad.

^5 to all you awesome dads out there.

-teach your sons to be good to us girls eh? :p
and teach your daughters to never settle for less than the man you show her you are.

happy fathers day guys!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts