Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought my new FJ last weekend and am loving it.

2007 Titanium Metallic 4X4
Convenience Pkg
Upgrade Pkg #1

There are FJs everywhere you look in Austin -- far more than other places I've been -- and I've been wanting one for awhile now. Been researching for months and getting quotes from Internet sales reps for weeks. Found a good deal on an '07 in Fort Worth that had everything I was looking for.

Can't stop looking at the damn thing, and I'm making up excuses to drive everywhere I can :)

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. This is a great forum and it was really useful to me throughout the research/buying process.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Congratulations on the new purchase. I've had my TRD since April and I still look forward to driving to work every morning.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,237 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I've had my FJ for just two weeks and leave work to eat my lunch in it. My "quick" honeydo errands turn into hours of cruisin'. I've made wallet size prints of my FJ to give to anyone who doesn't know what one is. Can you believe some people have no idea what an FJ Cruiser is. What planet are they from?
I wanted a Titanium until I saw the Sand Storm. Then it was love at first sight.
Congratulations on your wise choice of the ultimate 4x4.
Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BOBTAILF,

I know, it's crazy -- I can't believe how many people don't know what an FJ is. No one in my immediate family did. Of course, when they saw mine, they all fell in love with it :)

I had a hard time choosing between TM & BD. I was already leaning towards TM but at the dealership my Dad (who came along for the ride and who had never seen an FJ before) remarked "the black one with the white top looks just like an old-fashioned ambulance" (my apologies to any BD owners :) )

Well, that was the clincher for me. But I think I would've gone with TM anyway. And I'm very happy I did.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you along for the ride.

-Jade

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had mine for about two weeks also...and also in Austin. My fiancee and I have been window shopping them since they came out and were sold on the TM...but then we fell in love with the Voodoo. Of course, my brother laughed and said it looked like a smurf...hence the moniker. And I've since heard it referred to as an ugly transformer, a tonka truck, and a port-o-potty. Jealousy is such an ugly thing! Too bad there aren't many places to (legally) put the JF through its paces around central texas. ROAD TRIP!

·
Registered
59 Posts
All of my friends said the same thing when I brought my VB home but it soon grew on them including a coworker with a BD who decided he bought the wrong color.

There are a couple of places near Austin, check the Texas forum.

I've had mine since May and I've been to Colorado once and am heading to Moab in a couple of weeks...

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Welcome! The excuses to drive it will never end! Neither will the staring at it.....the saying goodnight to it.........and the modding it......get your savings account prepared! :D

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Great, another FJ in Austin! Just kidding, welcome to the FJ owners club. Keep an eye on the Texas forum for local get togathers and stuff like that.

Happy FJing

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome! Silver is the right color for Austin - it matches the dirt around here the best! And it's not so hot after sitting in the sun, either.

You're right about there being more FJs here. I was surprised how few I saw in Colorado, Wyoming, and West Texas. Not sure why that is, since Austin is hardly an offroad mecca...

Just bought my new FJ last weekend and am loving it.

2007 Titanium Metallic 4X4
Convenience Pkg
Upgrade Pkg #1

There are FJs everywhere you look in Austin -- far more than other places I've been -- and I've been wanting one for awhile now. Been researching for months and getting quotes from Internet sales reps for weeks. Found a good deal on an '07 in Fort Worth that had everything I was looking for.

Can't stop looking at the damn thing, and I'm making up excuses to drive everywhere I can :)

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. This is a great forum and it was really useful to me throughout the research/buying process.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Congrats!

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Welcome to the madness :wave:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts