Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I work with a guy that is all about harbor freight. He buys us (technicians) little tools from there every year at Christmas. I just sent him these pics. Awaiting reply. lol
Bwahahahhahhaaa....cheap bastard.....:rofl:

I wonder if I can plug my $89 wire feed melting gun into my inverter. It would be like having a portable laser.
Some folks shouldn't be allowed to have tools...:bigthumb:

Abophx is so happy when he receives his tool flyers he just has to celebrate.....

old guy rocks out to led zeppelin - YouTube
You are such a sick chunk of change....:rofl::rofl::wave:

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,991 Posts
Why yes........yes I am.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So do you have that Lazy Boy toilet recliner combo perfected yet?

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,991 Posts
It's a dream........lollipops, gumdrops, and unicorn glitter.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I've got to get me that cordless hammer! :rofl:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Fellow FJ'rs, I'm going straight to hell.

I printed this out and took it to HF with a buddy, just for laughs. I showed the girl at the checkout counter the coupon for the nose picker, and she called (somebody?) in the back who promptly said they were all out, but was willing to call their other store to see if they had any. I bought a roll of 550-cord, got the free flashlight, and barely walked out without cracking up.

Right about now I'm thinking I should have let her call the other store and hear her insist they have it because she's looking right at it in the store flyer!!!

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,991 Posts
Fellow FJ'rs, I'm going straight to hell.

I printed this out and took it to HF with a buddy, just for laughs. I showed the girl at the checkout counter the coupon for the nose picker, and she called (somebody?) in the back who promptly said they were all out, but was willing to call their other store to see if they had any. I bought a roll of 550-cord, got the free flashlight, and barely walked out without cracking up.

Right about now I'm thinking I should have let her call the other store and hear her insist they have it because she's looking right at it in the store flyer!!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
paulndot you should be awarded customer of the month..

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just discovered a new Harbour Fraught right on my commute.

First time I walked in, I am positive I got a contact high from the Chinese solvent smell that permeates everything on the inside of that store.

It's like visiting a Canal Street surplus store like my dad took me to when I was a kid.
[Need a mask from the Korean War for only 1.98? We got 'em!)

Most of the stuff is not worth buying but when you find that one tool you needed for a mod for only $1.99 it was worth shrinking your 'nads a bit because you were breathing that sweet air!

Ironically, the workers in that store are so nice and helpful! Unlike most of the big box stores around here.....

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
I just discovered a new Harbour Fraught right on my commute.

First time I walked in, I am positive I got a contact high from the Chinese solvent smell that permeates everything on the inside of that store.

It's like visiting a Canal Street surplus store like my dad took me to when I was a kid.
[Need a mask from the Korean War for only 1.98? We got 'em!)

Most of the stuff is not worth buying but when you find that one tool you needed for a mod for only $1.99 it was worth shrinking your 'nads a bit because you were breathing that sweet air!

Ironically, the workers in that store are so nice and helpful! Unlike most of the big box stores around here.....
Haha, I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality of most everything I have bought from Harbor Fraught.... Breaker bars, impact wrench sockets, universal joints, trailer tires, magnetic screwdrivers, torx wrenches, massive fixed wrenches, ratchet wrenches, ball joint puller, car dollies to move the GTO around the garage, etc!

The only POS I bought there was a $39 reciprocating saw, but I expected no less. I just returned that after trashing it.

I have saved thousands buying stuff at HF and it really allows me to be my own mechanic because without it I wouldn't afford all the tools. The same item, same quality tool at Home Depot is $20 compared to $6 :rocker:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I can say I've taken a risk on several tools from there and used the crap out off every single thing I've got there. Nothing had failed me yet. Well, 3 dollar digital caliper sucked. But that's it.

$14 angle grinder has cut stone, metal flashing in the yard, helped fabricate several brackets and misc items, body mount chop, etc. Still works like a champ.

$40 impact wrench. Holy crap love it and saved my bacon. Impact sockets, wrenches etc?

Ya. They get a bad rap but I've done really well by them!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just saw an add in the Nov. 4 Wheeler mag. $10 for all sizes of torque wrenches, normally $35. Says they're +/- 4%. I'll probably pick one up next week to check them out.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts