Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I must admit I've bought a lot of cheap (use once then throw away type) tools over the years. Just don't buy those Pittsburgh impact 1/2" drive metric sockets. I had my air gun turned down to half power and the 17mm socket exploded in my face. :scared:

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I've had a good experience with their socket sets and HD clamps. Bought a 2.5ton floor jack and its been a great unit. Same can be said with their HD wood clamps. Had a Pittsburgh ratchet come apart in my hands, though, and a slide hammer that broke with about 3 pulls on it. Just depends on what you get there.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I need a cordless hammer!

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
A lot of HF stuff aint worth it, but I've purchased a few things that have worked out great - 1.5 & 3 ton aluminum floor jacks, 6 ton jack stands, spring compressors, 3" circular cutting tool (for BMC), 75' 300lb load rope, saw horses, digital calipers, microfiber rags, nitrile gloves, storage bins and polishing kits.

Sure I'd like to buy Craftsman tools, but way overpriced and now made in China

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I ordered my solar powered spelunking light from them.

·
Premium Member
4,690 Posts
I got a set of blivet straps from 'em. Can't beat the price!:wave:

·
Registered
742 Posts
There are certain things I've got from here. They had a good deal on wheelbarrow tires at one of their stores, but yeah I can see how most of the stuff is junk. Dad did buy a 14" metal chop saw to build his campaign signs with, and only because the place I work at bought has one and we've been cutting PTO shafts shorter with it there for 7 years now probably 10 times a day, 6 days a week. $70 well spent.

But yeah, most of the stuff is low quality.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have bought several toss away tools from them over the years. I still have all of them and they all still work. I just got a set of spring compressor to do the struts on my FJ I had a set for the full size springs, but they where to big. I am getting ready to buy the 20 ton press to do the bearing and other stuff on my 68 Mustang coupe. For $129 after discounts I can buy it do all the work I need it for and sell it with out much of a loss.

·
Premium Member
4,690 Posts
I am setting up a small shop in my garage with a few necessities from the Chinese supplied tool store. You just have to realize, that you get what you pay for. I have bought a new floor jack, hoist, drill press and vise, band saw,and, solar powered LED lights for my new shed, so I don't have to run underground electrical lines, just to see inside at night. The stuff that I need for my craft, I buy the best of, that way I KNOW what I am getting, and can rely on it, forever. As many times as I will use these Chinese tools ,before I die, they will be very adequate. After all, it is a poor carpenter who blames his tools. I have saved a lot of money with them. There is value in this place, in that a meagerly moneyed man, may get something that he otherwise could'nt afford to buy, in order to do for himself, what he would otherwise have had to pay someone else to do!:lol: Get that?

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
There is value in this place, in that a meagerly moneyed man, may get something that he otherwise could'nt afford to buy, in order to do for himself, what he would otherwise have had to pay someone else to do!:lol: Get that?
So you bought your own beer bottle opener and now you don't have to go a bar to have them open it for you?
That buddy is thinking outside the box!
:cheers:

·
Registered
765 Posts
glad you resurrected it.. def got a good laugh. I do trust their 6 ton jackstands and I have a pry bar set I have yet to break :p

x2 on the jack stands! I do have a HF engine hoist that has worked great for almost 10yrs. Purchased a spring compressor to do my FJ lift and it worked ok...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
It really is epic and the good news, one just opened up a couple of blocks away and if I buy there I can get at my convenience a certified mechanic from Mexico at no additional charge.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I have their 3 ton floor jack and it works great. I have bought tools there and its hit or miss......they work great or they break on the first use.....either way I still buy there and this was just a good laugh :)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I'm tempted to try there 12k winch. With the coupon I can get it for $320 and it was rated best value winch by 4 wheeler. I was planning on smittybuilt but I found out there both made in the same factory.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts