Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 2008 Iceberg FJ Trail Teams, but had no luck recently so would like to know if anyone has taken a normal '10/'11 Iceberg FJ and converted it fully to a Trail Teams?

Are there any conversion details that are easy to miss besides the obvious like the black bumper caps, blk mirrors, blk TRD wheels, exhaust, Bilstein shocks, emblems, etc?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
The amount of money it would cost to do this would be obscene. You could find deals here and there, but time is money right? I'd buy a 2010 black it out and then lift it with coil overs, armor etc. etc. The money would be about the same to build a replica if you bought through Toyota as it would be to build a beast. My .02:cheers:

PS welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
952 Posts
IMHO I would buy the better components rather than pay the price differential for a TT.

·
Admin
7,668 Posts
Don't worry about blacking out your bumpers.... buy STEEL ones!

You won't regret it.:cheers:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Its like anything else in this world. Some folks seek limited production, special edition vehicles that are a little unique and dont mind paying for it. Other folks dont care. However they usually hold their value a little better, sell a little easier and the owner gets the intrinsic benifits of owning one. I payed $32900 for mine new (which seemed high) now its a bargin compared to what they are charging in 2011.

My advice....get what you really want, make your best deal....then let the mods begin! BTW.....TT's are awesome.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
I paid $32900 for mine new (which seemed high) now its a bargain compared to what they are charging in 2011.
Really? What sharks.

How much are they charging for a 2011 TTSE now?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just completed changing my 08 TT into a 2010 look a like. replaced the end caps, grill, ugly blue shocks, removed the badges, black rims, TRD exhaust, and "skid" plates/sliders etc....now I need to just put some mini van tires on it and I should be done I hope... this whole modding thing is addictive...:rofl:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I just completed changing my 08 TT into a 2010 look a like. replaced the end caps, grill, ugly blue shocks, removed the badges, black rims, TRD exhaust, and "skid" plates/sliders etc....now I need to just put some mini van tires on it and I should be done I hope... this whole modding thing is addictive...
^^^I have some "Original" Chrysler MAV tires I'll let go for serious $$$$!

Maybe the way to do this is to say you want to mod a 2010/2011 Iceberg and are inspired by the 2008 TT! A build with inspiration from the 08TT allows for improvement (function) while maintaining theme (form). In all honesty, the 08TT looks great.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, you got my intent right on. I was looking for a '08 TT specifically for its limited production and of course the iceberg color..also, for if some reason I decide to sell in the future I can get more for it fast..

$32k wasnt too bad considering most dealers now are trying to sell them for $30k with around 25-30k miles on them. Like the one lieu742 posted, its at $31k, although the tvs would be nice since I have an infant (already have all black Recaro baby seats ready if I ever find a TT :))

Thanks.

Its like anything else in this world. Some folks seek limited production, special edition vehicles that are a little unique and dont mind paying for it. Other folks dont care. However they usually hold their value a little better, sell a little easier and the owner gets the intrinsic benifits of owning one. I payed $32900 for mine new (which seemed high) now its a bargin compared to what they are charging in 2011.

My advice....get what you really want, make your best deal....then let the mods begin! BTW.....TT's are awesome.

Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm. Maybe converting an 10/11 to a TT is a bad idea after all...I have a 2005 M3 and I HATE when I see teenie bops with 328s badging them as M3s..and I think was tryin to do the same with the TT..lol

I just completed changing my 08 TT into a 2010 look a like. replaced the end caps, grill, ugly blue shocks, removed the badges, black rims, TRD exhaust, and "skid" plates/sliders etc....now I need to just put some mini van tires on it and I should be done I hope... this whole modding thing is addictive...:rofl:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know someone that just bought a 2010 silver FJ w/ convenience package leftover for $29,800. 2011 FJ with same package are selling for $32-33 so 2011 TTSE add-on I think is about $4-5k in addition to that (?).

Really? What sharks.

How much are they charging for a 2011 TTSE now?

·
Registered
678 Posts
if you like the look of the wheels, mirrors grill and badges go for it convert it to what you like, if your doing it to raise value of vehicle just save money, i think they look good but i think that about all fjs, tonight a show was on (topgear us) and the car i remembered from the show was the sandstorm fj in the back ground of a ferreri driving, but thats me:lol:

·
Registered
154 Posts
bought my 2010 iceburg with off road package and roof rack for 28,600 back in august. i liked the trail teams also for 08 but figured i would be putting on better aftermarket stuff later. the wheels are nice but i can find others i really like in the same price range or less.
good luck with your search.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts