Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search, but nothing specific came up. I'm considering bringing the FJ I purchased in Saudi back home to the U.S. Has anyone done this before with a GCC Spec vehicle (which is Japanese Spec I believe). I'm not looking for shipping costs, but for costs associated with what I'd need to change to get it up to U.S. Spec. The only thing I'm tracking so far is the Speedometer (from km to miles). Any ideas about emissions, engine, etc?

·
Premium Member
12,202 Posts
As long as the FJ production date falls into line with production dates for the US (ending 2014) there should be no issue. The speedo does not require a change as long as it has miles per hour marks on the dial. For the best answers check with US Customs - they are pretty good at helping out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It has to be on the import eligibility list to start, and from there you'll need a registered importer to make the changes necessary. It's a very expensive process (more suited to exotic car market) including posting bonds while the changes are being done.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you're stationed over there, you can bring a vehicle back and drive legally on us roads for a year but will be responsible for making customs entry or exportation before 12mos passes. Making entry would include the necessary documents and fees associated with the registered importer of choice.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Living in Luxembourg, I had an 2014 model from Oman with 270 hp (no 50 states emissions control - Euro 5) The speedo was only in km.
My first FJ cruiser came in 2010 from Florida and had the 50 states emission control (Euro6) with 260 hp.

Actually I'm waiting for my new 2020 model. The rig waits in a shop in Germany but the actual Pandemia mesures ask me to wait a few more weeks :(
Since model year 2019 all the FJ Cruisers have a double tank system (152 litres) and the Crawl Control under the roof like the later US TT models had . 272 hp now. The shop is doing all what is necessary to get the Euro6, or Euro6d I believe, norms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts