Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer can get me a roof rack for $539, plus installation which is $231(!!!) at least-they have never installed one before, the guy said, so it could be more than that. So I am wondering if we can do it ourselves or have our buddy do it that has a 4x4 shop. Anyone have any input?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Heitzer said:
My dealer can get me a roof rack for $539, plus installation which is $231(!!!) at least-they have never installed one before, the guy said, so it could be more than that. So I am wondering if we can do it ourselves or have our buddy do it that has a 4x4 shop. Anyone have any input?
Na... if you can figure out witch end of a wrench is boxed you and a buddy can do the install in less than a hour(beer breaks included)You just pop off the caps and bolt it up..Your dealer is only paying $425.00 for the rack!!!!You may want to mention that to them see if they will work with it...Do (again) a search there is a complete list of dealer costs as opposed to msrp for accessories!!!! Where are you at?You can get one here for about the same as the dealer trdsource.com they also have install instructions ......Fill in your profile its easer to answer questions when you know where someone is located

·
Registered
235 Posts
Is there also a plug under one of the front caps for the Off Road lights? Anyone know? I want to put the lights and air dam on as soon as it's available. I have a port installed roof rack. Speaking of, anyone know when those bad boys will be available?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
cape fj said:
old dawg...do you consider 114 bucks an unreasonable markup for a 400+ dollar part??
Not so much unreasonable but if I can save it I would....I do consider the install fee to be to high considering it will take them 10 min to do it

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
OffRoad Rage said:
Is there also a plug under one of the front caps for the Off Road lights? Anyone know? I want to put the lights and air dam on as soon as it's available. I have a port installed roof rack. Speaking of, anyone know when those bad boys will be available?
I have been asking this for a while we need to get someone without the rack to have a peek under the two front caps...........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts