Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting new hardwood floors for my home and was going to get the flooring myself. I know the FJ can tow 5000 pounds. I do not have a trailor, and was going to put the flooring in the rear area. Is this weight limit 5000 pounds as well? I tried to search this, but really could not find anything.

I am only going to do around 500 square to start, so I do not think it will be all that much weight.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I plan on getting new hardwood floors for my home and was going to get the flooring myself. I know the FJ can tow 5000 pounds. I do not have a trailor, and was going to put the flooring in the rear area. Is this weight limit 5000 pounds as well? I tried to search this, but really could not find anything.

I am only going to do around 500 square to start, so I do not think it will be all that much weight.
500 sq ft of flooring should not weigh more than 500# even if it is the full thickness oak boards - 2 of me in the back seat - go for it............

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
FJ Gross Vehicle Weight Rating -- GVWR (lb.) 2WD: 5330 4WD: 5570 ...

This is the combined weight limit including the vehicle weight,fuel, the occupants and the "load".

Get your FJ weighed (around 4300 lbs) at some interstate truck scales and determine how much capacity you have left over.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If ya have some left over, do the back cargo area of the FJ. Just a thought!

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
I would not put more than 500-700 in the FJ. This would include, people, gear, and the toungue weight of whatever you are towing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts