Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my FJ for about 2 months now. I've added a 3in lift, slightly larger AT tires, and a bumper that allows for a winch. Soon, my next purchase will be a winch (fingers crossed). Anyone recommend a good company/model? I have a FabFour bumper so what can fit in the well made for a winch? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
I have had very good service from my ENGO for the last 5 years Good price also

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
engo or viper (motoalliance) are both less expensive but well priced alternatives to a Warn.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You've had yours for two months and have done way more than me, and I've owned mine for 14 months. Pretty jealous!! I need to get off my butt and start on my list of mods.

Pics when you can! :blueblob:

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Welcome from Nova Scotia, my limited experience is with Warn so I have to go with PapaDragon on this one. Best of luck with winchever one you go with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You've had yours for two months and have done way more than me, and I've owned mine for 14 months. Pretty jealous!! I need to get off my butt and start on my list of mods.

Pics when you can! :blueblob:

Don't feel too bad, he's already got more mods than I do and I've owned mine since 2009. Sometimes life gets in the way of disposable cash. :frown :lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Being a Durango Colorado native I have the Fab fours bumper and a WARN power plant on mine and it is the best thing since sliced bread. Built in air compressor that gets my 315s done in under 10 minutes. I love it

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
We've been happy with ComeUp and their new Gen2 is very nice and affordable. Our team runs an Gen1 9i (no longer available) and a Gen2 9.5 rsi. Definitely worth a look.

·
Banned
33 Posts
I vote Warn Winch :) This is just from my experience and others I've known, but reliability and strength are the most important when choosing winch. Warn has that down and is proven for sure... >:D

·
Registered
478 Posts
The winch market is so much more competitive than just a few years ago. Engo is a new but reputable brand. I just bought TJM, sister company of ARB in Oz. Superwinch makes a fine product too.

For most weekend warriors even the budget winches do a great job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts