1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Thats a negative houston.

·
Registered
482 Posts
The radio surround is silver, so I would say this started as Titanium. You should be able to find some evidence of its original color under the hood or behind a panel.

·
Registered
586 Posts
With the availability of the blackout parts, having the bumpers, mirrors, etc. blacked out is not an indicator of a TT, especially considering it has an odd color, which indicates it has at least been repainted.

As for the price, it sounds too good to be true.

·
Premium Member
4,276 Posts
Is that a Lexus color?

Never seen that color on a stock FJ.

If that price is correct, I would suspect a salvage title

·
Registered
605 Posts
Looks like Pyrite Mica...a Toyota color I have seen on quite a few Tacoma's. Woulda been a good TT color for 2015....oh well...

Reactions: InterFJ

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aftermarket paint. Likely a salvage title at that price which means it probably needed a considerable amount of refinishing after the wreck. They just chose a non OEM color.
The majority of used imported cars in Guatemala come from the States. They are bought at auctions or purposely banged up before driven across the border to avoid paying higher customs/duty taxes. When I was planning my overland, I had a guy tell me to bash in my headlight and cover one of my back windows with cardboard so it looks lower in value. In driving on the main thoroughfares here, you will also often see one salvaged car towing another. So, ETHANEXPLOSION's assessment sounds spot on to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts