Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a long time, I am going to buy a new android head unit for my car. I would not want to spend money on a cheap Chinese device that will break in a month.
This seems like not a bad option (judging by the reviews). Has anyone already bought a device from this company?

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
HeizerFunk,
First of all: Welcome aboard, from Texas!👩‍🚀🐮
That is "a cheap Chinese device" ... all of the 12.3" are. 🤷‍♀️
The one you're looking at is about double what I paid (if that's in US Dollars) & mine is Android 9 (even though it says A8) from "Supperstore" (the need to use spell-check, maybe?
  • They sell out of Oz, but are assembled in China.
  • The headunit itself works fine; (they do take ~1 minute to boot up "cold".)
  • If you have JBL sub-woofer you need the canbus adapter (2010 & up (?))
HOWEVER, there seems to be a COMMON "flaw" among ALL of these units w/ the hazard switch/defrost which I've posted about & am troubleshooting)
You must use your existing A/C unit & transfer it to the headunit face-plate;
I think they have reversed one or both ribbon cables in the unit, a pretty simple fix if my hunch is correct, but I haven't been able to verify yet.
HTH
D

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the kenwood dmx906s. And love it. Does more than I need. Hell I can mirror netflix on it while going down the road. You know for my passengers. Also dual zone audio. Something about the people in the back can listen to their stuff and the front can listen to something different. Give the guys at crutch field a call. The premade harness is worth it also. O it also plugs into your obd2 and gives you info like tire psi. And other engine data.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts