Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I am heading to Australia this Saturday and was wondering if anyone had any input of things to see or do.

My girlfriend and I are flying into Adelaide first, then hopping through Sidney to Newcastle. From there we are going north along the coast to Byron Bay. We will be over there a couple of weeks backpacking so we're pretty open schedule wise.

We have the first week planned with Future Music Fest in Adelaide and Eddie Vedder solo tour in Newcastle. Aslo, going to check out the surfing in Newcastle. That takes us to Thursday next week. From there we are open to do what we decide.

We plan to end with several days in Sidney as we fly out from there. Thinking of climbing the Bay bridge there.

Any tips? We love beer...any good pubs? Any great hostels? (or maybe we can just crash on your couch...:lol:)

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Scoreboarder!!! :lol: I wouldn't know what to do. I've never been there. :boohoo: Sorry for the hijack. I'll go back to the American side now. Have fun.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
2 hour bump.
Well wine tours are nice. I like Molldooker wines myself. Trip to Alice Springs is pretty amazing. Your in one of the best places on earth to scuba dive. Other than that you will most likely find tons to do once you land.

I'm on the other end of the country in Perth. Sorry I cant help you more. Have a nice trip!! This place should be on everyones bucket list (along with New Zealand).

Just remember when they say "no worries" you respond "cheers mate".

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Oh almost forgot! Your in for "Beer-Shock". The cost of Miller Lite (24 bottles)

US- $13-$17

AU- $47-$65

Yup! Beer shock!

:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts