Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Today i went to a garage and had headers fitted on my 2010 FJ. They are nice and i can definitely feel power gains and better acceleration.

However, there is one downside ... they have made the car ridiculously loud!

I have the AFE side exit cat-back a well as a KNN drop in filter, and the noise is unbearable, almost as if the air can't escape the exhaust fast enough.

Is this normal? If not, does anybody have an idea of what could be causing this?

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Khalid

·
Registered
93 Posts
Im guessing you did our long tubes? If so they are louder because you removed 2 cats which act like mufflers. The afe exhaust is on the louder side as well. The only option is to switch out mufflers or put the stock manifolds back on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DT Headers: No actually, i wasn't able to find any here in Dubai, so i had some custom made headers. I also found out why the noise was so loud, it was because they removed all 4 cats as well as putting a Y-pipe in!!! which i obviously wasn't expecting them to do ... so i had them remove everything and put it back to stock lol

Racer001: I knew headers were loud, but not that loud! and i found out the reason why it was so loud which i mentioned above.

And btw, the headers and the Y-pipe, although they are very loud, they do give alot of extra power and much better acceleration haha ... it's a shame it was too loud for me and the police (they stopped me twice in one day for having the headers etc) that's the main reason i removed them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts