Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

First off, forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong forums section, but I believe my question to be miscellaneous.

Just yesterday upon entering my garage I noticed that the passenger side headlight appeared to be opaque (I believe this is referred to as a fogged light). I also noticed that there was a tiny fracture on the housing of the light, which I'm wondering if it could have allowed moisture to enter into the assembly.

Anyways, I've just decided to purchase a new aftermarket light, and I've narrowed the list of possible online vendors down to two that I might possibly buy from. Before I make the purchase, however, I'd like some verification that either company is legitimate. The difference in the price of the product between the two sites is dramatic, which is why I'm cautious about this..Has anyone ever bought from either

2009 Toyota Fj Cruiser Headlamp Assembly Rh
or
2007 - 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser Headlight Assembly 2008 2009 Right Passenger Side

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & welcome! Sorry, I haven't a clue about the lights.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Hello and welcome :wave:

I bought couple of times from these guys: Headlight - Auto Parts Warehouse

They (sellers) seem to be reliable and have a good return policy. Those are not genuine Toyota parts, more likely Denso or some other Co that makes toyota components.

·
Premium Member
13,482 Posts
If the housing is fractured the fogging is probably on the inside of the light.

I would buy a replacement.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Grab some brake fluid and a rag. Put a little on the rag and rub the outside in circular motions. Doing this will help remove the fogging on the outside...if it is outside of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts