Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have advice on how one could operate their FJ without headlights? Is there some sort of kill switch that could be install to completely stop the headlights from working? I go pig hunting and would like to drive around my friend's property with night vision, because the white light spooks the hogs. Even when I try to turn off the headlights, there is a lower-level white light that emits from them. I was going to just cover them when ever I hunt, but I am concerned about the heat causing melting issues...

Thoughts?

I am also looking to get the air dam light rack where I will mount red or IV lights to the top of my roof. Perhaps, I could do that wiring job when I implement some sort of kill switch solution for my stock headlights...

D.

·
Registered
947 Posts
thats probably the daytime running lights. For "permanent" disable of that light, unplug the well, plug, near the drivers side headlamp in the back that is facing down.

For a quick, non permanent disable, leave your parking brake up 1 click. Doesnt engage the parking brake and keep the drl from turning on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANK YOU... I knew it was something simple...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts