Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - this just happened for the first time this weekend.

I have the stock alarm system. Up until now, if I had the headlights on and then engaged the alarm remote 2 times, the headlights would switch off. But now, they are staying on. Even after 30 minutes, the headlights are still on.

I am wondering if there is some code that I screwed up that is causing this or if anyone else is having this problem?

For the record, I have had no electrical modifications and the alarm was factory installed.

Any help appreciated as always!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
check to make sure that your rear window is completely closed. Any doors or windows open will keep the lights on.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was a door left open?

and welcome back by the way! :)
Thanks - it's been a while!!

Well, I just double and triple checked the rear window and doors and it is still doing it.

I was guessing maybe there was some type of programing involved like how you can reset the maintenance indicator light.

My truck has to go in soon for a new radio and winshield so I will ask them to diagnose it - unfortunately I am over the 36k mile mark so I might not be able to get this taken care of under warranty assuming that it is a malfunction in the first place.

In the manual it says that if you want to change the 'settings' and times of the lights in regards to the alarm you chould 'contact your dealer'.

Eegads - other than that, I still love my truck :)

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Thanks - it's been a while!!

Well, I just double and triple checked the rear window and doors and it is still doing it.

I was guessing maybe there was some type of programing involved like how you can reset the maintenance indicator light.

My truck has to go in soon for a new radio and winshield so I will ask them to diagnose it - unfortunately I am over the 36k mile mark so I might not be able to get this taken care of under warranty assuming that it is a malfunction in the first place.

In the manual it says that if you want to change the 'settings' and times of the lights in regards to the alarm you chould 'contact your dealer'.

Eegads - other than that, I still love my truck :)
omg you are over 36k? no wonder you haven't posted too much!!

did you take any really long trips?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
omg you are over 36k? no wonder you haven't posted too much!!

did you take any really long trips?
Every single day buddy - 200 miles of commuting :)

I am about to switch out the trans and diffs with mobil1 next - just did my 30k service and had the new tires from he recall installed.

How many miles are you up to now?

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Every single day buddy - 200 miles of commuting :)

I am about to switch out the trans and diffs with mobil1 next - just did my 30k service and had the new tires from he recall installed.

How many miles are you up to now?
I just turned over 10K and I thought I was piling them on :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts