Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've had my FJ since June 06 and I haven't had any problems besides the Radio Display not showing at times which isn't a big problem at all. I was thinking about replacing my headlight bulbs since the stock lights aren't bright enough for me. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
if the radio display isnt showing sometimes, that is a warranty issue that toyota will take care of. if you do a quick search on here, many people have replaced all sorts of bulbs. LED dome lights and tail lights, upgraded headlamp bulbs, mirror light bulbs, etc... lots of good write ups and comparisons.

also, welcome. there is a lot of valuable information on this board.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
piaa xtream whites , sylvania silverstars , or ipf magic are the 3 best choices in regular bulbs or find a quality hid kit i personaly have the piaas and they work very well but are a tad pricey

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Do a search for headlight comparison by FJoel. He did a test a while back that was pretty comprehensive. The Sylvanias looks the best imho.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank You. Looks like I'm investing on the PIAA Xtreme White Plus: P/N 15224.. ;) I hope it wouldn't be too bad for oncoming traffic

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Sylvania SilverStar Ultra. --Available at most auto parts stores, often on sale. If one burns out you can find another easily. I have had them on my vehicles for up to 3 years and never had a burnout in that time. --Good color temp. Not washed out in rain like some others. --Bright enough to make a real difference, not bright enough to annoy other drivers.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Hi guys, I've had my FJ since June 06 and I haven't had any problems besides the Radio Display not showing at times which isn't a big problem at all. I was thinking about replacing my headlight bulbs since the stock lights aren't bright enough for me. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
You're kidding right? Welcome to FJutopia.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
piaa xtream whites , sylvania silverstars , or ipf magic are the 3 best choices in regular bulbs or find a quality hid kit i personaly have the piaas and they work very well but are a tad pricey
Someone did do a thread on different headlights. It was really good. Me, I am running the PIAA extreme whites as well and really like them!

PS, go get that radio fixed. Toyota sure took good care of mine.

Kim:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I got the PIAA extreme white plus for almost 5 months now and i like them so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts