Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 Fj the headlight lenses are so messed up. They look foggy. I think someone used the restore lens stuff on them and never put the protector step in the process. So I have to replace the headlights not just the bulbs. I would like to get LED or HID so was wondering if anyone has had any luck with the aftermarket lights out there?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I've been doing a ton of research on both LED and HID. I've ran HID's in the past and was hoping to find LED's that equaled the output of HID. I've finally pulled the trigger on a set HID's from "The Retrofit Source". They have very informative videos on youtube.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,842 Posts
Welcome! There are many ways you can smooth the outer surface of the lens - lots of videos on here and the internet. @JamesPoop recently did a great job and posted his how-to. GL!

·
Desert Moderator
7,869 Posts
Also check if there's dust inside - Mine look foggy but I have moon dust inside them from running without boots...
Some compressed air should give you a decent clue on that...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Last month I picked up these: https://www.amazon.com/LASFIT-Headl...686606&sr=1-16&keywords=h4+led+headlight+bulb
So far they are great! When I switched on the lights for the first time at night my mouth dropped! They are 10x brighter by themselves than my IPF driving lights/Fogs. They match my LEDs in the mirrors as well (with the blue film removed). Good look. Not too much light spread either, have yet to be flashed at night, and I drive at night daily coming from work/the gym. When I bought 25w HIDs for my old civic, I was constantly flashed with high beams. Good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has anybody used companies in your area named Lens Doctor or Headlights Made New to restore your lenses? If so how much did it cost? We’re you satisfied?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anybody used companies in your area named Lens Doctor or Headlights Made New to restore your lenses? If so how much did it cost? We’re you satisfied?
Restoration ... even with proper technique and materials ... will never match a new headlight in terms of durability and longevity. So unless you are a short-term owner ... IMHO it is best to apply the $'s towards replacing with OEM headlights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts