Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went through the car wash today. I have taken my FJ through this car wash no less than a 100 times. I have made no changes to my vehicle and have been leak free for 3 years. I do have wiring going through the rack that has been there for 2 years. Well upon exiting I notice a darker color on my headliner right above the a pillar right above the grab handle. I have removed the a pillar and the handles to get up into the headliner to look for signs of the leak. The inside of the headliner is perfectly dry. It does not look like it is coming from the winshield and I would think it would bet wet closer to the windshield in that case too. I am leaning toward the roof rack. Would it be likely that my rack would start to leak after such a long time?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I am thinking that the silicone I ahd in there might have developed a hole but I have not heard of that before. I have not touched my rack as far as lossening anything for over two years. I am wondering though why the iside fo the headliner was not damp at all. Maybe it does not absorbe water only the fabric covering does. I guess it is time to remove said rack and silicone again.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
when i first got my 07 it had a dark spot EXACTLY where your saying yours is... so we fuigered since my fj has no rack maybe they sold it. went to the dealership, told them the problem and..... it has never had a rack but they found the problem. the gasket seal on my wndsheild was bad..... how, idk it was practecly new and they were saying it was bad, but they replaced the windsheild and cleaned the liner..... I have had no problems if leaking since

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have re-siliconed the roof rack and I am going put a paper towel flat in the headliner and head to the car wash. If there is any leak it should leave a trace back to the source on the paper towel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts