Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to do a Dual headrest DVD install. Being a complete novice at electronics, I could use some advice with powering these things. I figure that if I am going through the trouble I might as well set up things to power some additional power points and maybe heated seats.
I have searched the forum without any real good answers as how to power these things other than the add a 12 volt power point sticky thread.

Should I run a line straight from the battery if so, anyone have a list of what I need.

OR

Should I run from the fuse box using a tap-a-circuit mentioned in the sticky.

Any help would be appreciated

Doc

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
depending on how much you are going to add, you might be better off adding an aftermarket fuse box. if not, just pull power from the fusebox or behind it somewhere.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I made it easy (until I get my dual battery install done, or started...) For now (almost a year now) I am running from a tap into the 12v cigarette lighter. The one thing I questioned was there is a grn wire that says 'parking break' after asking around.. I found, yes you do tap into the wire from your handbreak.. Not exactly sure why but it's done.

If I was going to make mine permanent I would do it from the fuse box so that it’s switched (or turns off when you shut the truck off). But I am wanting to run mine from a dual battery/tri fuse box setup but will still run it switched because I know my kids and they will leave it on 24/7.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts