Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mlovett, your tip about knees hitting the shifter on a manual was the best info I've found on this subject! I'll drive a 6speed & we'll see. If I can't be comfortable in a stick, I'll just pass on the FJ for now. I've got all those years after I start getting social security checks to drive automatics, hehe.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Mlovett, your tip about knees hitting the shifter on a manual was the best info I've found on this subject! I'll drive a 6speed & we'll see. If I can't be comfortable in a stick, I'll just pass on the FJ for now. I've got all those years after I start getting social security checks to drive automatics, hehe.

Glad I could be of help, yay! Although I don't want to discourage you from buying the FJ. Definitely take it for a spin and see how your left knee fares. I hear ya on not wanting AT... hope I never get that old. :pinklove:

And btw -- I see that you also asked about mileage: sorry to disappoint, but you won't get much more than 250 miles on the FJ tank either!

·
Registered
5 Posts
We took a blue 6speed for a 24 hour test drive yesterday & I like the legroom. We ran a tank of gas thru it & it got about 250 miles, just like my Element. I kept thinking how much better the FJ would be with a diesel engine. But I think I'll get it when my lease is up on the E.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am 6ft 6inches 220 lbs and have had my FJ for 8 years. No complaints plenty of head room and leg room.I have a manuel transmission also. This thing has been a workhorse.Has a bad blind spot but I never drive in city so its not much of a problem.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts