Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's 26 degrees here in Boston today and I have to say I really love my heated seats on my current car. Yes I know the FJ is made to be basic and I love that about it...but I wonder if they will offer these (and maybe heated wiper nozzles and mirrors). No I don't want the FJ to be a luxo-mobile at all....but I have to say these are key things on my current car that make a world of difference in frigid New England. Anyone heard anything about something like this being offered?

Jason
-current vehicles:

- '01 VW GTI
- '65 Land Rover Series IIa - my baby tucked away for the winter
- 1st on my dealer's list for a red or blue FJ 6 spd (unless that green appears)

·
Registered
181 Posts
No I haven't heard anything about them being offered by Toyota but they are pretty easy to get aftermarket so I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Nope, they aren't all that different then factory heated seats only that they are installed after the fact.

Local installer said they would run about $500-$600 for the seat heat and $700-$800 for the heated/cooled seats.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any chance you can do this with washer nozzles and mirrors as well? I'd hate to go back to frozen nozzles when there's salt all over the windshield....

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
The ball park price you stated, was that per seat or for both front seats. It gets pretty cold here in So. Cal you know. ;) Just thought I would ask for the Brethren on the East Coast.

·
Registered
378 Posts
ToyBox said:
No I haven't heard anything about them being offered by Toyota but they are pretty easy to get aftermarket so I wouldn't worry about it.

I stick a bunch of hand warmers in my long johns when I drive my old Fj with no heat. Sounds pretty ghetto I know, but works like a charm. :p

Tune in next week when I explain how to make homemade studded tires...with drywall nails and rope.
Sometimes when your on the trails unprepared, you do what you gotta do...
Ah, my good ol' college days !!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Bostonian1976 said:
It's 26 degrees here in Boston today and I have to say I really love my heated seats on my current car. Yes I know the FJ is made to be basic and I love that about it...but I wonder if they will offer these (and maybe heated wiper nozzles and mirrors). No I don't want the FJ to be a luxo-mobile at all....but I have to say these are key things on my current car that make a world of difference in frigid New England. Anyone heard anything about something like this being offered?

Jason
-current vehicles:

- '01 VW GTI
- '65 Land Rover Series IIa - my baby tucked away for the winter
- 1st on my dealer's list for a red or blue FJ 6 spd (unless that green appears)

Heated seats! :eek: And I hope for rain sensoring wippers, night vision windshield, DVD with game controller plug ins, automatic adjusting seats, front and rear climate controll, and back up camera. :D

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
You left out the desire for it to make biscuits, babysit, do the laundry and wash dishes.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Percy said:
You left out the desire for it to make biscuits, babysit, do the laundry and wash dishes.
if it does laundry im definately getting one!

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Topless4runner said:
if it does laundry im definately getting one!

you kidding me? I would too. Ha.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Percy said:

If that was true then I would be in love, a love we dare not speak of it's name.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Percy said:
Thanks Percy...it's official the fiancee does not approve of me checking the forum any longer. I guess I will just have to go to the website that never changes. Toyota.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts