Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a ? i am 5'4" short lol
my pants are 29 " at the legs (lol yes i know a munchkin lol)
with the 3 inch lift and 33 inch tires will this be hard for me to get in and out of?
Now for the drivers seat .
will i have problem reaching the pedals and such ?
whats the head room in this unit like for a person of my size etc etc
you know all those kinda ?'s

Thanks for any thoughts:)
as for driving once i am in no problems lol

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
You should be fine...seat moves up real close and tilt steering wheel. Now if you were 4'10" you would be considered a munckin...or a 12 yr old...

·
Registered
7 Posts
My wife is 5'3". She does not like to drive my FJC at all. YMMV. Her main complaints are the rearward visibility and the fact that she cannot see over and around the large rear-view door mirrors. At 5'11" I just barely see over them myself, so I understand what she's saying.

There is a crosswalk where I work on a sweeping left hand turn. I constantly have to swing my head a little around each side of my left mirror (and A pillar) as I'm driving to ensure I'm not going to plow into a pedestrian. Here in CA they think they can just step out in front of you and we'll magically sense their presence everytime (and subsequently stop :) ).

As far as reaching pedals, etc. you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
My wife is 5'2" and loves to drive "my FJ". At 6'1" I hate readjusting the seat, mirrors and radio after she has borrowed "my FJ". She has no problem behind the wheel, I just wish that she would get her own FJ.
:lol:

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
My wife is 4'11" she can drive my FJ no problem as long as we're going forward. She can't back her Rav4 up either.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol you guys are crackn me up on the wife thang lol
but i understand the mirrors might present me a problem .
but i don't worry alot about that
can't be as bad a drivin a 68 ton tank like in my military days :)

·
Registered
838 Posts
The misses drives ours and loves it she's 5'2". So she says

·
Registered
671 Posts
Well for one thing, you'll never get a crick in your neck trying to see the stoplight at the intersection like us taller guys.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Well for one thing, you'll never get a crick in you neck trying to see the stoplight at the intersection like us taller guys.
isn't that the truth!

·
Registered
535 Posts
My wife is 5'1" and she drives the FJ just fine. You never said but I am ging to assume you are a man. Being a man you probably know how to step into a lifted rig. My wife does some sort of flippedy floppedy routine. I tried to show her how to enter the rig but she always tries to lug her purse up with her instead of setting it in the vehicle first.
As for head room. OMG the FJ has more than enough. The seat in my 2010 FJ has adjustable seats. You can slide them back and forth, tilt the front up and down, if you pull on the side handle or push on it you can raise and lower the seat, pretty well laid out.

Good luck
D

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I am 5'3" and don't have any problems.. 3" lift and 33s. Trail-Gear Sliders work great as steps... I also put these under my seats for two reasons, a little extra height in the seat and to allow more room for my amps under the seat. Short Mans Seat Lift

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm 5'4" and my wife is 5' and we have no problems with seat adjustment or visibility. Getting in is fine, but we don't have a lift.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
LMAO so i see there are advantages to being short lol
Good things come in small packages. And I'm 6'5" in bare feet. The wife is 5'8" so shes small to me. You shouldn't have any problemo's.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Even at 5' 10" I felt I was sitting too low. Vizibility over the hood and out the back was too restricted, especially when in the tight stuff. I was already running my seat at max height but noted I had several inches of head clearance. I added spacers under driver's seat raising it about 1.5 in back and .75 in front. Because of the way the seat mounts (bolts are not parallel) I had to use a stack of washers in the front and a tubular spacer in rear. Also used longer bolts and be sure they are best quaility.

Also note that Toyota did a seat recall as the seat would not stay in a raised postion. They replaced mine at a claimed cost to them of $2000 and it does not stay up as well as the first one did. Whenever I hit the dirt I crank the seat all the way up. Usually it is down 4-5 clicks.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
My daughters are all between 5'4 and 5'7, wife is 5'8.. truck is on 35's, 6" lift and 1 1/4 body lift.. they love driving it and have no issues at all getting in or out!
this is one of my girls...5'4

just to give you a idea of just how tall it sets to them...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My daughters are all between 5'4 and 5'7, wife is 5'8.. truck is on 35's, 6" lift and 1 1/4 body lift.. they love driving it and have now issues at all getting in or out!
this is one of my girls...5'4

just to give you a idea of just how tall it sets to them...
Now thats is beautiful nd the fj is very nice to :)

i am male 48 and wanting a fj setup the way you have yours !
Basically 35 and a lift , i never off road or have yet anyway.
but we do get a ton of snow here in canada in the winters and such plus i just love that look:)

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
I'm 5'6" and have no problem hopping into my truck with a 6" lift
....let the jokes begin
I was wondering why there was a
milk crate outside your door everytime you park.

How many phone books do you have to sit on the see over the hood?

I'm sure you favorite mod to date is your adjustable pedals.

Who wears bigger shoes? You or Ruth?

Okay I'll stop now:rofl:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts