Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day gents,
I have been waiting for my 2011 MT to arrive with roof fog lights/air dam.

Can someone provide me with a height measurement from the ground to the
top of the roof lights. The thought of not being able to park it in the garage has been on my mind.

It’s not an easy measurement as it’s not square but a best attempt would be appreciated.:)

Thanks,
Terry

·
Registered
15 Posts
Height from floor level will be effected by your tires, wheels, and lift (if any). So, I don't think that's a good way for comparison measurement. I was looking at those lights and ordered a set this week. It looks to me as if the lights will stick up about 3 inches above the level of the OEM roof rack as measured at the front nearest the lights. I derived my estimate from carefully looking at various online photos of installed air dams/lights. I used that estimate to assure myself that I had the necessary garage door clearance. Incidentally, you will find that the rear of the roof rack is higher than the front. At least mine is.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ok...assuming all stock, my Brick 2011 has Dunlops 265/70/R17's and the factory suspension and factory air dam w/lites. I gently laid a 1X4 across top of lites and measured from the garage floor going up to the bottom of the board and I measured just a hair over 79 inches. Hope that relieves your agonizing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts