Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A good day at work. I finally got our regular helicopter flying again. Just the strangest electrical problem I've ever had to deal with.

On the check flight we were coming back into Farmington. The pilot called out something like "check this out" and cranked it over to my side. 1/2 mile from the hospital the Animas and San Juan rivers meet. In the middle of the Animas were two deer. One a three point buck. They were just walking straight down the center of the river on a rock bar. Maybe just cooling off, but way cool!

Talked with Tony the former chief of the Ouray PD today. We did our safety talk about landing the helicopter in Ouray Friday at 4:45 PM. Tony is doing this on his day off, thanks Tony! Also talked about fishing. I think he would be most happy to talk to anyone about fishing in the area.

See all of you in a few days.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
A good day at work. I finally got our regular helicopter flying again. Just the strangest electrical problem I've ever had to deal with.

On the check flight we we coming back into Farmington. The pilot called out something like "check this out" and cranked it over to my side. 1/2 mile from the hospital the Animas and San Juan rivers meet. In the middle of the Animas were two deer. One a three point buck. They were just walking straight down the center of the river on a rock bar. Maybe just cooling off, but way cool!

Talked with Tony the former chief of the Ouray PD today. We did our safety talk about landing the helicopter in Ouray Friday at 4:45 PM. Tony is doing this on his day off, thanks Tony! Also talked about fishing. I think he would be most happy to talk to anyone about fishing in the area.

See all of you in a few days.
Brian, this is going to be a heck of a treat. Where are you landing the helo?

·
fka fatbrat40
2,488 Posts
This is going to be a great demo..thanks for working hard to have the chopper
there.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brian, this is going to be a heck of a treat. Where are you landing the helo?
This will happen at the city park, north end of town, where the pools are.

Ouray Mountain Rescue is starting out with a class about first aid on the trail.So many FJers trek in places way out there. We should have a clue on the basics. And if things go bad way off the paved roads how will help arrive? By helicopter! So we will be talking about how to work safely around helicopters, setting up a landing area etc.

Also we want people to be aware of the world of EMS. Lots of great people out there. Please support Ouray Mountain Rescue and flight programs and EMS in your area.

And thanks to the people of Ouray. They do like their peace and quiet, but are totally cool with us bringing in a helicopter.

See ya soon.

·
fka fatbrat40
2,488 Posts
I will bring the cold one how about Sierra blanca nut brown or Roswell special Alien beer

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
I swear, the currency of the Summit is beer. I'm owed a few, I owe a few. :cheers:

The best part about 'owing' a beer to someone is that usually you get to have one yourself. :)

·
fka fatbrat40
2,488 Posts
So does that mean we can trade beer for summit schwag , maybe buy a rear bumper from Demello for a 12 pack:clap::cheers:

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will bring the cold one how about Sierra blanca nut brown or Roswell special Alien beer
Love the Alien stuff, I had one with the cutest young Dr at the airport in ABQ like 5 years ago.
I swear, the currency of the Summit is beer. I'm owed a few, I owe a few. :cheers:

The best part about 'owing' a beer to someone is that usually you get to have one yourself. :)

We owe you for sure for all your hard work! And also we get to meet others and talk over a cold one.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Holy crap Brian...it's not a harley baby its a choopppppaaaa:rofl: I cant believe that!

ummm can we get a ride around the san juans that would be absolutely amazing...what a treat coming over those mountains you lucky dawg!

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holy crap Brian...it's not a harley baby its a choopppppaaaa:rofl: I cant believe that!

ummm can we get a ride around the san juans that would be absolutely amazing...what a treat coming over those mountains you lucky dawg!
Don't forget to wave as you go by my house on Tuesday!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
:rofl::rofl: I'll wave...umm can you come pick up us and my fj and fly us there??:rofl:now that would be a stunning entrance:lol:

·
Registered
452 Posts
rotorhead1 that's so great that Tony's supporting you landing the heli Fri. pm...I'll be there hang'n out waiting for the landing:clap:

I do support the OMR squad, good group of people;

I wear thier hat proudly:bigthumb:

Have a safe flight and see you in Ouray:cheers:

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:rofl::rofl: I'll wave...umm can you come pick up us and my fj and fly us there??:rofl:now that would be a stunning entrance:lol:
Uhhhh no! Ain't going to happen
rotorhead1 that's so great that Tony's supporting you landing the heli Fri. pm...I'll be there hang'n out waiting for the landing:clap:

Nice that you have supported OMR. Thanks, see ya soon.

I do support the OMR squad, good group of people;

I wear thier hat proudly:bigthumb:

Have a safe flight and see you in Ouray:cheers:

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
So does that mean we can trade beer for summit schwag , maybe buy a rear bumper from Demello for a 12 pack:clap::cheers:
Ummmmm, Jason??? CAN WE????????? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'll buy the bumper for a case of beer....sorry fatbrat......:rofl::cheers:

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Wow. Just wow.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts