Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Brian, if you need help let me know. I'll have a hand held comm radio, regular approach/departure (AM). 108.00 to 142.97. Are you guys landing using VHF FM? UHF FM? or AM comm? If AM do you have a feq? I'd like to listen in or if you need help with the LZ. I'll help with whatever...just don't talk my ear off about them there turbines, K? And oh man do I have some good beers......

·
Registered
4,761 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Brian, if you need help let me know. I'll have a hand held comm radio, regular approach/departure (AM). 108.00 to 142.97. Are you guys landing using VHF FM? UHF FM? or AM comm? If AM do you have a feq? I'd like to listen in or if you need help with the LZ. I'll help with whatever...just don't talk my ear off about them there turbines, K? And oh man do I have some good beers......
Hey Mike, ya about ready to hit the road?

We will be on the FM radios, NLEC (national law enforcement channel), I gotta look up if that's VHF or UHF. Tony from the Ouray PD will be doing the communications. I will just be T/R guard.

If you were there to help answer general helicopter questions that would be great. Ya I know you work mainly the French and German stuff. I got 12 years on BO's and BK's, also a year on Lama's and Auloettes. I want my BK back, BK back....

I was thinking of getting a "growler" from Three Rivers to offer as samples, half a gallon. I had two glasses at Three Rivers today with lunch. My sister just flew in from Spokane (and boy are her arms tired).

That is so sick!!!!! you taking people for rides :)
Sorry but we just won't be able to do that. Ouray is noise sensative, we don't want to tick anyone off. Also the cost... the hospital will be putting out about $2,000 just to do this. And take off and landings up there the machine will be hitting all kinda limits as far as temps and compressor RPM. Just not going to push it.

Thanks for setting this up Brian! It's going to be awesome! MT

Hey Montana! Hope you and your dad had a good time yesterday. It was my dads birthday so I spent time over at the folks place. See ya on Wednesday.

As you may have picked up on, MajorMiner and I have worked together in the past. We've been crossing paths for what 18 years now? He is now a tech rep for the major helicopter manufacturer in the world.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Sorry but we just won't be able to do that. Ouray is noise sensative, we don't want to tick anyone off. Also the cost... the hospital will be putting out about $2,000 just to do this. And take off and landings up there the machine will be hitting all kinda limits as far as temps and compressor RPM. Just not going to push it.

wowah!! yeah lets not hurt your baby! That chopper looks so cool btw along with your plane. Maybe we can settle for just sitting in it :) Ive never been in one..:mecry:

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
wowah!! yeah lets not hurt your baby! That chopper looks so cool btw along with your plane. Maybe we can settle for just sitting in it :) Ive never been in one..:mecry:
I will give you the grand tour! We will open cowlings and look at the engines etc. You can get in the pilots area ( can't say Co**pit). Maybe a PR item for ya. And you might want to get your picture taken with the nurse. She is really something! She has made me blush at times, ya.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Brian,
I think those freq's are low band FM, RT30 (Wulfsburg). Got one of those in the Deuce? I will be super happy to help in any way possible. I'm packing the Flap Jack right now, I'll have to put all the beer on the hood....son of ...! I think it's only been five or so years cuz I'm just not that old, Ha!

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Brian,
I think those freq's are low band FM, RT30 (Wulfsburg). Got one of those in the Deuce? I will be super happy to help in any way possible. I'm packing the Flap Jack right now, I'll have to put all the beer on the hood....son of ...! I think it's only been five or so years cuz I'm just not that old, Ha!
No RT30, just the 138 and 450. I think this will be VHF. Really nothing out there on the low band any more. Everything I work on has them removed along with the antennas and tuners.

Here's a link... Washington Military Department Emergency Management Division - Telecommunications - Other Radio Systems Used by EMD Likely no PL tone.

Son of a ... I keep hearing that from Jeff C. Hmmm. must be an AMC thing.

Yes strap many beers to the hood, and hope for no DUI checkpoints.

Ya, 5 years ago only. I don't miss the old days with Omni. I don't ever need to see Chris again, Brad and Doug are fine, no problems there.

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yep a Bell 222U, later version of Airwolf, more HP, etc
it was my favorite chooper as a kid...though I did most of my adulthood bussy jumping out of them & not flying them...:rocker:

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
it was my favorite chooper as a kid...though I did most of my adulthood bussy jumping out of them & not flying them...:rocker:
I jumped out of a few Hueys and Chinooks back in the day. We were on the approach to Frankfurt Germany, freefalling past 747s, ya they were a couple of miles away but just way cool!

Only jumped from one airplane, that was a Twin Otter in AZ.

No sky too high, no fall too small!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I jumped out of a few Hueys and Chinooks back in the day. We were on the approach to Frankfurt Germany, freefalling past 747s, ya they were a couple of miles away but just way cool!

Only jumped from one airplane, that was a Twin Otter in AZ.

No sky too high, no fall too small!
I did the black hwaks, the Hueys, & even hanged on some Kobras ...lol (long story), the jumps we did out of C-130's

21 - 34 of 34 Posts