Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the relay mounted in my engine bay, the black wire going to the lights, the red connected to the battery, the yellow leading to the switch (3 prong), the switch is grounded as is the relay.

Theres a green wire that im supposed to connect the switch to the hibeam lights but i read if i attached it into a fuse then itd work as well...is this true?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Yep, just make sure it's a workable fuse slot.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So on my light bar, there are 5 lights, the outer 2 connected to 1 relay, the inner 3 connected to another. I can connect the yellow switch wire of the outside 2 lights to the switch and get them on but when i wire the other yellow wire of the middle 3 it will not work. They are both using the same fuse in the tests (didnt connect the switches yet, just placing yellow wires on it). Both relays make the clicking noise when i hook them up, but no power is being transferred to the middle three lights, any clue to why?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
So on my light bar, there are 5 lights, the outer 2 connected to 1 relay, the inner 3 connected to another. I can connect the yellow switch wire of the outside 2 lights to the switch and get them on but when i wire the other yellow wire of the middle 3 it will not work. They are both using the same fuse in the tests (didnt connect the switches yet, just placing yellow wires on it). Both relays make the clicking noise when i hook them up, but no power is being transferred to the middle three lights, any clue to why?
Well you know that power is going to the relay, you need to check from the relay back up to the lights. Check the 12v, make sure it is connect to the correct terminal on the relay (check the battery side too), check the connect at the lights. The ground could also be bad, check that too. I would assume there would be a separate fuse on the battery side of the relay. Keep double checking, you'll find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts