Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great reads in the forum!! My name is Rick, and I live in beautiful Marin County, CA. I'm a fairly new FJ owner, coming over from the Jeep ranks. I will add that the FJ is absolutely ridiculous. I used to scoff at FJs when seeing them, thinking they were yuppie-mobiles. You know, the guy (or gal) that has never even seen a dirt road, much less backwoods, wanting to seem cool to his also yuppie friends by owning an "off-road" vehicle. I always resented Toyota for making a vehicle wearing the badge of "FJ", because the old FJs are absolute supreme in off-roading, in my opinion, and I thought to myself that this new Cruiser desecrated the name.
BOY, WAS I WRONG!!!!
My FJ is fully-packaged, but completely manufacturer stock, and I have taken it places in the 8 months I have owned it that any of the 4 Jeeps I have owned in the past would have had a hard time traversing. I took it on a road trip back to my hometown in Georgia, and left 2 weeks later with quite a few avid 4x4ers very impressed.
In that, awesome vehicle, for sure. Looks like an awesome forum as well, and I hate Ive missed out for the past 8 months on the wealth of info. Look forward to the wealth of knowledge in here in my route to customizing my truck. :)

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Welcome aboard! Great people, info and fun!!!

cheers,

dale

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Nice first post Rick! Congrats and welcome to one of the coolest places around!!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,937 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Welcome aboard...

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Welcome Rick! I used to drive Jeeps and Fords until I discovered the FJ! Enjoy the Forum and all the helpful members.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Congrats on the new rig.:cheers:

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Nick welcome to the gang.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts