Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have an FJ just yet, I plan on picking up one as my next lease for work, with a high milage lease I should only have a 10-14 grand payout, much cheaper personal cost this way.

I did plan on doing a new 4dr JK rubicon, but they still have the caravan motor/trans, and they're a bit less refined on the road IMO, the FJ is a nice highway machine!!!!

My plans, if the shop can find a '10 with low milage I'll do that to keep costs down, but an '11 will be fine, auto, off road package, bumpers, winch, rockers, lift, 35's, gears, everything right out of the gate with my lease. I'm doing a bunch of reading, not sure yet if we can do a front arb locker or what gears are available, I better get reading:)

I have time so I'm not rushed, any insight/direction would be most appreciated. Thanks for the time!!

hoseclamp.:cheers:

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good stuff to help you how here.

·
Premium Member
17,042 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
To my knowledge, the hanging point for you will be gears. They changed the differentials for 2010 and to my knowledge, no one is making gears and lockers for them yet.
Welcome to the sight
The search function will be your friend if you use it.
Lots of good info here
thanks
Don

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & welcome!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I was going to do a thread with an obvious noob question regarding 33's and how mch lift just to get everyone going:), the search option is good. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Hello and welcome. I did not know about the gears and locker change on the newer FJC. Somebody will step up. Or stay with 33s.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Ya, if you find a way of getting it with the regear done "out the gate" (or after anytime soon), let us know.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts