Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. My name is Marcel and I just got a 2011 FJ Cruiser:clap:. I'm from SoCal. This will be my first 4x4. I come from the import world so this whole 4x4 modding will be completely new to me. It's like learning a new language.
Hope to learn more from this forum. Modding will be slow because I can already tell this is going to be more expensive than my previous car.

Driving a big car rocks!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Welcome aboard. There are some great folks out your way that can help you spend your money. :lol:

What color did you choose? How bout some pics! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to going out to some things soon. I'm getting use to going from econo car to gas guzzler. LOL

It's black with the OF package. First things first, I need some rails. maybe that'll help me get into the FJC easier. LOL. Pics to come soon. I need to take the car to the dealership tomorrow to get Permaplate done to exterior and interior. Dark colored cars are hard to keep nice. I don't plan on doing any heavy duty Offroading yet since the car is still brand new and all. but mild trails won't hurt. LOL But i think the two first things ill be getting are rock sliders and a roof rack.I don't really like the OEM ones.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
congrats on the new rig Marcel... welcome to the gang.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to going out to some things soon. I'm getting use to going from econo car to gas guzzler. LOL

It's black with the OF package. First things first, I need some rails. maybe that'll help me get into the FJC easier. LOL. Pics to come soon. I need to take the car to the dealership tomorrow to get Permaplate done to exterior and interior. Dark colored cars are hard to keep nice. I don't plan on doing any heavy duty Offroading yet since the car is still brand new and all. but mild trails won't hurt. LOL But i think the two first things ill be getting are rock sliders and a roof rack.I don't really like the OEM ones.
Welcome!! The mod bug will hit you since you have already fallen prey to it once before- spoken from a former STi owner :wave:

I wish I could tell people in advance what crap that Perma what ever is. Its rarely put on per manufacturers specifications and has to be continually updated (reapplied) for the warranty to remain in effect. In all fairness- Collinite works better and has less gimics. Its used on all the power lines up north to protect them and keep the snow from building up on them. Last time I checked I havent seen someone buffing a powerline again...

I say this because I used to be in a business that repaired all the vehicles that came in with damage. As for the way the FJ's interior and exterior are made- dont see it being nessesary but always a dealer add on.

Sorry getting off my soap box...:lol:

:cheers:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I'm super stoked. Trying to figure out where I can order rock sliders for a good price. Any suggestions? I've been looking at the All Pro with the KO

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, we will see how it goes. it was 300 for both interior and exterior with 5 year warranty. lets hope it works. cause i had a gray car before and was gone for a weekend.. found bird poop on it and it left a ugly mark. lol

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Thanks! I'm super stoked. Trying to figure out where I can order rock sliders for a good price. Any suggestions? I've been looking at the All Pro with the KO
Thats what I run and they are nice. They do flex when truck is lifted with a Hi-Lift jack but still no where near the door frame. The best part is the kick out gives you a place to stand when you need to work/ clean the top of your FJ.

I rattle can painted mine and then touch them up when nessesary.

Heres an old pic...

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,783 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Hallo! I'm new too, look forward to this adventure!:rocker:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Welcome aboard...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea on what racks can use snowboard attachments besides the toyota one. I was looking at the ARB and Bajarack. I saw that people just put crossbars on the ARB rack. I couldn't find much on the bajarack.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & Welcome

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Congrats and welcome! The link below is the place I used for rails I just recently put on. They are Trail gears and it seems like most like these. They are great for the money and super easy to install yourself. With shipping, it was like $285 out the door. With you living in CA, it might be a lot cheaper than shiping it to FL.

Good Luck!

Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY :: Bumpers & Armor :: Trail-Gear :: Trail-Gear Toyota FJ Cruiser 58" Rockslider - 4X4 Off-Road, JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CNC Brakes, Johnny Joints®, Currie Enterprises, Edelbrock, Pit

1 - 20 of 20 Posts