Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my very first post to any forum so please bear with me. I have read your many threads for awhile now while making up my mind about an FJ. I have a 1983 4x4 Toyota pickup that I bought new and has been the best truck ever but it is getting to be time to put her out to pasture. Thanks to all of you I am starting the process of buying an FJ. This morning I put out a request to several Toyota internet sales departments for a bid. I am going pretty basic with just the CQ convenience package, roof rack and tow hitch with wiring harness and will do some other mods on my own. I am shooting for $27,000 to $28,000 OTD. Does this seem reasonable to y'all? Thank you for all of your wisdom and experiences.

Phooey :wave:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
This is my very first post to any forum so please bear with me. I have read your many threads for awhile now while making up my mind about an FJ. I have a 1983 4x4 Toyota pickup that I bought new and has been the best truck ever but it is getting to be time to put her out to pasture. Thanks to all of you I am starting the process of buying an FJ. This morning I put out a request to several Toyota internet sales departments for a bid. I am going pretty basic with just the CQ convenience package, roof rack and tow hitch with wiring harness and will do some other mods on my own. I am shooting for $27,000 to $28,000 OTD. Does this seem reasonable to y'all? Thank you for all of your wisdom and experiences.

Hi Phooey, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're researching the forum before doing a purchase. Looks like you know exactly what you want and will be going into the dealership educated. I would make sure to add rear lockers (if it's not in the package) into the purchase. The price you quoted look fair. You could probably go even lower. If you can get a left over 07, you can save even more.

·
Premium Member
17,153 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
There are deals to be had out there. You might want to check private sellers also. Look on Autotrader.com you will get a better deal from a private seller than the dealer.

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
This is my very first post to any forum so please bear with me.
You did a fine job. Howdy and welcome to the forum! :wave:

I have read your many threads for awhile now while making up my mind about an FJ. I have a 1983 4x4 Toyota pickup that I bought new and has been the best truck ever but it is getting to be time to put her out to pasture. Thanks to all of you I am starting the process of buying an FJ. This morning I put out a request to several Toyota internet sales departments for a bid. I am going pretty basic with just the CQ convenience package, roof rack and tow hitch with wiring harness and will do some other mods on my own. I am shooting for $27,000 to $28,000 OTD. Does this seem reasonable to y'all? Thank you for all of your wisdom and experiences.

I have a pretty basic FJ - Manual Tranny, convenience pkg, 17' alloy wheels, but no roof rack. I gave $24,300 for my new 2007.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wecome, I suggest private seller route too. IF you are using financing, sometimes you can still get new car rates if the car is the previous year model. Good luck

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Welcome, and good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Welcome Aboard Phooey!:bigthumb::wave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts