Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to trade the Wrangler in for a new shiny FJ pretty soon. Took one for a test drive on the weekend and am very impressed. Looking to learn as much as I can from all you guys.

Currently own a 2007 Wrangler Sport (2 door) - not sure what the Sport is sold as in the US but it's one step down from the Rubicon (no lockers or sway bar disconnect).

I enjoy pretty hard core off roading (so does the wife) and love the Jeep. Just want something a bit bigger and a bit more grown up. The Jeep is great in the rough stuff but can be a pain most other times.

Found the FJ a much smoother drive and quieter. It's got a much better engine with some real pull and loads more room in the back for our camping gear. You can also put a decent roof rack on the top.

Wasn't able to take the FJ anywhere really rough but I've seen plenty of Youtube videos. Does anyone have experience of both an JK Wrangler and FJ Cruiser on proper 4WD tracks?

The FJ Cruiser has only just come out here in Australia.

Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
16,937 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the forum... the FJC will take you where you want... I've taken my over the Rubicon trail with hardcore big boulders and finished a Baja off road adventure following the Baja 1000 race course and it handled everything that could be through at it.

And it still gets me back and forth to work like an adult :)

good luck getting the rig that is right for you

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Welcome and G'Day!

:cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts