Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I guess you could call me a poser as I don’t actually own a FJ yet. I joined this forum to learn about the FJs before I purchased one. The forum has given me good information that has sold me on a FJ. I currently drive a ’08 VW Jetta City but I have had Toyotas in the past; ’79 Celica, ’80 Supra, ’85 4Runner, '81 4X4 Short box pickup and a ’83 Toyota Mojave 4X4.

The Mojave had 33’ BFG Mud-Terrain T/As, 4.56 gear change, 3 inch suspension lift, Ranchero shocks, swapped out the stock 5 speed for a 4 speed (as I kept replacing rear bearings), 10 auxiliary lights, sleeper, CB, upgraded stereo (Alpine), dual batteries, auxiliary fuel tank, custom exhaust, after market bumpers, light bar on roof and winch basket. I am no stranger to four wheeling and I am looking forward to getting back out on the trials again to find those elusive geocaches.

I have driven a couple FJs and I have a couple more test drives on the weekend. I plan to get one soon, but I am not an owner yet. Once I have one I plan to upgrade the tires to something like BFG All-Terrain T/As and probably a minor lift of 3 inches or so and some off road lighting.

Happy trails,
Barry

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Welcome to the forum Barry. You've made the right choice getting the FJ.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Aloha from Cali! With all you've done to previous rigs, your soon to be FJ should be sweet. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
welcome

·
Admin
8,474 Posts
Buckle yer seatbelts and lock away the credit cards!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,935 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for all the welcome comments. So I went to a local KIA dealer and test drove a 2007 Black Cherry C package FJ that has 80,000 km + on the clock. I drove it back to the dealership and sat down to sign the papers to trade off the VW Jetta, now it is up to the bank to see if it ends up in my driveway. One step closer to being a FJ owner.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome! I was born in Calgary but live in Oklahoma now. I would love to move back sometime, it's a beautiful place.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am happy to report that my poser status has been rescinded ... I am officially a FJ owner, there is a 2007 FJ in my garage. Boy does it feel good? "Hell ya!" Pics coming soon. It is very stock but we all have a starting point ... Calgary/Alberta ppl that like to camp out in places other than McLean Creek feel free to get in touch with me. I have been involved and directed 4X4 clubs/events in the past and want to meet other FJ owners.

·
Admin
8,474 Posts
Congratulations!!!!

Now quit looking at it and get some sleep ;)

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts