Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and just recently acquired a Voo Doo Blue FJ. I don't have pics to share yet, but I'm planning some mods in the near future so I'll need to capture some "before" shots. :)

I'll attend the Summit this year, can't wait, and I hope to meet ya'll there.

WJ

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome Wilderness Joe. As a former Dallas resident, I look forward to meeting you at the summit! You should consider a trip out west for SedonaFest for August too!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome aboard Joe!

Hopefully you can make one or both of the upcoming local events:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/texas/126688-dfw-happy-hour-april-14th.html

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/texas/125708-dfw-meet-greet-april-16th.html

Let me know if I can hook ya up with a mod or two before the convoy leaves Dallas for Summit. http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...fficial-2011-dfw-fj-summit-convoy-thread.html
Thanks Wilson! I'm glad to be aboard.

Unfortunately I've got business travel on those dates. Bummer! I'll keep checking on the forum for future M&G and HH dates.

I'm already thinking about the next mods...:) And thanks for the link to the convoy thread. I'll check that out.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome Wilderness Joe. As a former Dallas resident, I look forward to meeting you at the summit! You should consider a trip out west for SedonaFest for August too!
Howdy Abertolini,
I appreciate the welcome. I am stoked about the Summit. I've been reading threads, watching videos...trying to absorb everything I can.

I'll look into SedonaFest. Thanks for the lead.

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
Welcome.
The Summit is a great way to get acquainted with the act of, pulling plastic out of your wallet. :jester:. You'll get too many ideas from all the cool rigs .
Look forward to seeing you at the summit
thanks
Don

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Hey, another DFW member is always welcome!

Keep tabs on the Texas forum for local happenin's, too.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome.
The Summit is a great way to get acquainted with the act of, pulling plastic out of your wallet. :jester:. You'll get too many ideas from all the cool rigs .
Look forward to seeing you at the summit
thanks
Don

...and I really don't need a Summit to learn about that. :lol:

I can see myself already geeking out on gear and equipment...the Summit may push me over the edge...figuratively speaking. :)

Good to meet you Wikid.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, another DFW member is always welcome!

Keep tabs on the Texas forum for local happenin's, too.

Hey Joe, what do ya know! I'm learning there are quite a lot of DFW members. I'll be watching the South Central Forum...and also look for the Texas Forum.

Good to you hear from you...and Thanks!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations on your new truck and welcome to the forum!
Thanks 1911. I'm still learning about the FJ and I really like it alot. I can't wait to drive it in it's natural habitat. :)

The ergonomics are great. Everything is where I'd like it to be. One question for you...have you found a great place to mount a holster?

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
One question for you...have you found a great place to mount a holster?
Sorry, I can't help you there; I always carry mine on my person. Usually have spare magazines in the dash-top compartment and the center console though.

If you look in the Guns / Firearms Discussion sub-forum in the Off-topic area, there are some threads where folks have mounted holsters though.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry, I can't help you there; I always carry mine on my person. Usually have spare magazines in the dash-top compartment and the center console though.

If you look in the Guns / Firearms Discussion sub-forum in the Off-topic area, there are some threads where folks have mounted holsters though.

I'll take a look at the sub-forum. I'm still working my way around this Forum...there's an incredible amount of info. What a great resource!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome! I may see you cruisin around town...what general area of Dallas are you in? (I'm in N. Dallas near the N.D. and G.B. tollways intersection.)

Hey BC_I, it's good to hear from you. My home base is east of Dallas in a town called Forney. I work in N. Dallas though. Maybe I'll see you around.

I'm not sure yet if the forum culture is to wave when seeing another FJ. When I was riding motorcycles it was the generally accepted practice to wave, especially with "like-minded" riders. I moved to Miatas later and that group didn't really follow through with the wave.

I'm sure there's a thread on this topic somewhere in the forum.

I try to be generous with the "thumbs up" when I see any vehicle that shows character and pride in ownership.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts