Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Actually those lamps are stock, just missing the FJ covers. They were an option.
I actually purchased
I thank you and Jade thanks you :) The Black Cherry Pearl is my wife's favorite color..

Those are just steps to aid my wife in getting into the FJ. Attaches to existing threaded inserts in the body. They are not sliders that attach to the frame....

Smittybilt Nerf Steps
Those are really what I am looking for. Something I can just bolt on myself. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Black Cherry is the best of all colors for FJC! I'm thinking that your lovely FJC will save you from many catastrophes. That's how good these vehicles are!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Very nice looking truck! I have the same lamps.

It's lifted. If it was done with spacers it will be fairly obvious. Can you post some pictures of the front strut and rear springs? If you have spacers they can be inside the strut or on top of the strut.
Yes I will post some pics. It looks like there is a spacer. The last pic I took there was so much dirt and salt its embarrassing. I was waiting for an opportunity to post a better pic but its winter here and may not warm up for a wash anytime soon. Ill post the picture that I took.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes I will post some pics. It looks like there is a spacer. The last pic I took there was so much dirt and salt its embarrassing. I was waiting for an opportunity to post a better pic but its winter here and may not warm up for a wash anytime soon. Ill post the picture that I took.
Those light covers look cool and they protect your lights from rocks.

Spacers are OK if not too tall and done right. They are for light off road use and mostly for tire clearance. If the shocks have not been replaced they can become overextended and fail. Check your CV and upper control arm angles to be sure that they are within limits. If you have a mechanic that does real 4x4 alignments take it to him and have him check it out. I can give you numbers for a lifted FJ.

Read the manual and discover everything about your FJ. Welcome and enjoy your new FJ!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Very nice looking truck! I have the same lamps.

It's lifted. If it was done with spacers it will be fairly obvious. Can you post some pictures of the front strut and rear springs? If you have spacers they can be inside the strut or on top of the strut.

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hello Mark,

Those spacers are Ready Lift or the Chinese clones. They are 1" which gives you about 2" of lift.
2003-2009 4-Runner & FJ Cruiser 2WD/4WD Steel Front 2" Lift Kit | eBay

I would recommend that you do not use them off road because they are light duty welded pieces. If you want to run spacers consider the Toytec solid aluminum spacers that don't have welds and use the stock shocks.
TAC2 - 2" Front Spacer Kit

They put those spacers on just to make the tires fit!
Thank you for the information. I do not have any off road planned yet. Just want it to be capable if it happens by surprise! The suspension will be something to address down the road. I eventually want a real lift. Its been very cold here in Iowa. Down to the single digits over night. I have noticed when I get home or to work its starting to make a whining sound. I thought it may be a pulley but it stops when I stop. It doesn't make the sound when I am in park and rev the engine. It has just 100,000. Maybe its time for a transmission flush?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does the whine change pitch with speed? Does it do it at one speed or change with speed?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It
Does the whine change pitch with speed? Does it do it at one speed or change with speed?
It does not change pitch with speed. Actually I only hear it when I reach my destination and I am getting ready to park. Once parked I don't hear it. I am thinking it may be a pulley. Next time I hear it I will put it in neutral or park and see if I still hear it. It is intermittent and I have yet to be able to re-create the conditions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Black Cherry is the best of all colors for FJC! I'm thinking that your lovely FJC will save you from many catastrophes. That's how good these vehicles are!
I really am starting to understand how true that statement is. We have been having snow and ice storms here in Iowa and its easy to find an un-plowed side street or parking lot with several inches of snow and a layer of ice underneath. The FJ cruiser has performed great in 4WD and 2WD. The snow tires are definitely helping. With traction.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hello Mark,

Those spacers are Ready Lift or the Chinese clones. They are 1" which gives you about 2" of lift.
2003-2009 4-Runner & FJ Cruiser 2WD/4WD Steel Front 2" Lift Kit | eBay

I would recommend that you do not use them off road because they are light duty welded pieces. If you want to run spacers consider the Toytec solid aluminum spacers that don't have welds and use the stock shocks.
TAC2 - 2" Front Spacer Kit

They put those spacers on just to make the tires fit!
The tires are
Hercules Avalanche X-Treme LT
They have the 3 peak snowflake symbol on the sidewall and have been awesome driving in snow and ice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It

It does not change pitch with speed. Actually I only hear it when I reach my destination and I am getting ready to park. Once parked I don't hear it. I am thinking it may be a pulley. Next time I hear it I will put it in neutral or park and see if I still hear it. It is intermittent and I have yet to be able to re-create the conditions.
This morning I heard the sound when I pulled into the parking lot. I was going much slower than driving on the street. I shifted into neutral and park and still heard it. I tried to rev it and it did follow with the RPMs. It is not a high pitch, not a screech. Its more of a hum than a screech.

·
Registered
149 Posts
This morning I heard the sound when I pulled into the parking lot. I was going much slower than driving on the street. I shifted into neutral and park and still heard it. I tried to rev it and it did follow with the RPMs. It is not a high pitch, not a screech. Its more of a hum than a screech.
Mark,
It sounds like a pulley or a belt or both.
BR,
Stephen

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I have an 07 with no Side Sun Visors. I wonder if there are still any affordable places to get a set. I read that people were paying 25 bucks per side.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts