Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all from the (currently not so) sunny island of Okinawa, Japan where we soon (hopefully) start seeing some FJCs on the road. Toyota finally released the FJC for sale on the Japanese domestic market on 12/4 and I think I was the first person through the dealers door that morning cash in hand. Options on the domestic models were sort of disappointing, so I have been ordering a lot of parts and mods out of the states before the truck has even shown up. Current delivery date on my FJC is set for early February, however the tires, wheels, and other parts are already building up around my office.

This will be my fifth cruiser following a BJ42 (currently in storage), BJ60, LJ78, and my current KZJ90.

I look forward to conversing with everyone, learning from their ideas/mostakes, and posting a few of my own.

Cheers.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome to the forum :cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,933 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very interested in jaos and berg 4x4 items for the fj!

pics please
JAOS hasn't released much yet. Mostly just bumpers parts. It will be interesting to see what comes out over the next year as the trucks hit the road. Current offerings can be seen at:
JAOS Japan FJ Cruiser

Also:
TommyKaira Japan and Garsonfor some serious bling bling.

I will be posting pics as soon as I get my truck at the beginning of February.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Cool you will get the self spotting bumper mirror and right hand drive! I got my FJ here waiting to be registered next week. I drove it from yokohama to fukaya and down to the sagami river. damn temp plates expired though. lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will you be able to get it registered before everything shuts down, or are you going to have to wait until after the first of the year?

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I think the LTO closed on the 14th, but I have a company that is gonna do everything for me. it's a ton of paperwork n hassle, I just decided to pay them. They are coming tuesday to pick it up, they came on friday but it didnt fit on thier tow truck. LOL they have to go get a bigger one.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello ~ Welcome!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the gang.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Welcome!

It will be fun to converse with another person who is in/ close to my time zone (awake) and deals with driving on the left side of the road.

Cheers Mate!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Hello and welcome!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think the LTO closed on the 14th, but I have a company that is gonna do everything for me. it's a ton of paperwork n hassle, I just decided to pay them.
Is it a stateside left-hand model, or is it one of the new Japanese right-hand ones? Just curious, as Toyota is doing all of the LTO work on the new one. We have a couple of the LHD models running around the island now, and I actually thought about bringing one over from Guam in 08.

welcome, Ganryu! are you on the minkara site as well?
Never been much of a car community person. I was on Discoweb for a couple of years. I gave my wife the LJ78 when the BJ60 crapped out and bought a used Disco1. Unfortunately that was before BMW bought LR out, so it had the standard LR flaky electrical system that drove me nuts. Great truck, but I just couldn't deal with all the electrical problems.

Welcome and please post some pics of current FJ and the older vehicles as well. Would love to see them.
My BJ42 is currently mostly disassembled for rebuild and packed into a storage container, but I might have some pictures from before the old body rusted away. I will dig around and see if I have any that I can scan in. Once the FJ shows up, I'll try to get a group shot of the FJ, 90, and the Rush together.

Many thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts