Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've posted a few questions in the other forums but never formally introduced myself. So I figured I'd do it here.
I just bought my first FJ, a 2010 TTSE 6-speed manual with 150K on the clock. I bought it for what I thought was a more than fair price considering the miles and condition of the car. A few dents and dings here and there but clean for the most part. It gives it character. :bigthumb:

I've always wanted a capable off road vehicle but hate Jeeps. Both the car and the "jeep life" culture.:indifferent: I wanted something more rugged and respected, and that looked way cooler than any Jeep. So I found the FJ's, and fell in love. I've wanted one for a few years now, I'd consider it one of my "obtainable" dream cars. I budgeted myself 20K, and found this one for about three grand less than that.

The guy I'm buying it from took me on a test drive, on an off road trail. So I was able to see how it performed both on road and off, I was blown away. Needless to say I'm excited to go upstate on the weekends to explore some dirt roads.

I'm going to pick up the FJ this coming Tuesday to finalize everything. If all goes well I'll be driving it home by Tuesday night, just have to take care of some paperwork at the bank. Does anyone have experience buying a car with a lien on it? The seller still owes money on the FJ (less than 10K) and will be using part of the money I'm giving him to pay it off when we both go to the bank. I don't know if I'll be getting a lien release the same day or not... But If I don't can I still register the car? If I can't officially register it, can I get temporary tags to drive it home while I wait for the lien release?

Anyway, I plan on being an active member of this community, everyone has been awesome so far and I look forward to being a part of this community!:blueblob:

Oh, and here's a pic, I'll be sure to post more once I actually have the car

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Welcome and congrats on new FJ.
PICs are in order!...gm

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
37,854 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He test drove it offroad for you??!! That's awesome! Congrats and welcome! :cheers:
Yes! Through this whole buying experience the seller has been nothing short of amazing, answering every question I had. I never had anyone willing to prove what the car is capable of before I bought one. Definitely a positive buying experience, off Craigslist of all places!

·
Premium Member
16,934 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the crew

1 - 12 of 12 Posts