Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everybody ... I've been lurking for a few weeks but finally registered. I don't have my FJC yet, but it is ordered from a local dealer and I hope to have it "soon" (dealer lingo for what should be less than 1 week but could mean a lot longer!). The forum has really helped me understand a lot about the FJC, its capabilities, and its absolutely endless potential for personalizing. And also the tremendously vibrant community that embraces it!

I've ordered one of the not-quite-TTSE packages. In short, Louisiana dealers are NOT incredibly helpful with tracking down particular packages, so I went with what they could get, and this was about it in Army Green. Just a few hours away - South Alabama, Northwest Florida - there is a host available, but in the situation I'm in traveling to get my vehicle just isn't doable. Either way, I'll get what I want, and that is what is important, right?

I'm looking forward to learning about off-roading (having never had a car capable of it) and how to fidget with my FJC. Suffice to say, there are so many more options to personalizing an FJC than my (soon-to-be-ex) Element. I think that is the 2nd main reason I'm getting one.

I think my first mods will be lighting/lamps. I've never been happy with stock lighting/headlights, so that is the area I will address first. I hope you guys can bear with this newb ... :) Any suggestions on the lighting tip?

Oh yeah, the nitty gritty: married, 3 kids under 7 (the reason the Element and its two rear seatbelts must go), Westbanker, tropical fish aficionado, employed in animal welfare, owned by 7 cats and 1 Samoyed.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hello from the greater baton rouge area..

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the gang.

·
Premium Member
16,932 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind welcomes. I've had a big delay in acquiring my FJ; in short, I will now be ordering one from a dealer in South Alabama, so it will probably be several weeks til I get delivery. Big bummer, but patience is a virtue. Louisiana dealers are incredibly unhelpful to the point of lying.

In the meantime, I've been counting all the FJs I see in New Orleans. There really aren't that many, although there is blue one with a New York Yankees spare tire cover. My wife says I am becoming obsessed. :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It took a while, and with many unexpected twists and turns, I finally took delivery of a 2011 FJC 4x4 in Cavalry Blue on Friday. I love it. Well, I will once I finally have some time to drive it!

Trying to get an Army Green here was ludicrously difficult. I signed a purchase agreement with a local dealer for one physically located in TX, only for my dealer to not be able to deliver on what they promised. And not bother to tell me about it for a week, and then lie when I called them on it. I tried several out-of-state dealers, but all of them seemed to think $$$ and were pretty unwilling to negotiate at all, and seemed evasive about their actual inventories.

In the end, for all the hassle, I got the Cavalry Blue with convenience and upgrade packages, roof rack, tube steps, and chrome exhaust tip (?). For all their underhanded dealing and lack of communication, they did meet my demanded price, which was much less than the negotiated Green price. So I'm happy. It's a shame I cannot alter the stereo color from orange & black, though. I'll get pics up sooner than later.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Congrats on new ownership and adding to the list of Louisiana owners.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pics from today - I've had it a week and just NOW got to drive it somewhere due to my work schedule:

Had to get at least one with the dog! No mods yet, but in time they will come (starting with new lamps and tires).

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
ive never seen that color in person. i really like it though. can't wait to see yours. it's gonna look real good all scratched up.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Great pics. I really like the Calvary Blue. Very nice!

:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts