Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just picked up an '07 FJ with 80,000 miles from carmax 3 days ago. Loving it so far, except for one irritating little incident that happened about 12 hours after I bought it... I was driving down the freeway, and out of nowhere, the little piece of the body in between the hood and the windshield (driver's side) blew off! I've got an appointment on Tues. to get it replaced (free of charge), so it's no big deal, just irritating. Anyone else had this issue?

Anyway, about me... My name is Brandon, and I'm from just outside of Sacramento, Ca. Been a Toyota guy for a while, but this is my first 4x4. I've also got an '03 turbo'd Matrix (project car gone bad), and an '01 MR2 Spyder. I'm pretty big into prepping/self-sufficiency, and I see there is a forum specifically dedicated to those things here, so I'm stoked about that. Looking forward to picking everyone's brains here to help me improve my already awesome FJ!

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Hello and welcome !!
Sorry about that body-part-thing... was it the black trim piece by the windshield wiper ?
Also check out the Norcalfj's website - they have a lot of cool events each year.
:wave:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

No, it was the piece directly above the front fender, behind the hood. Looks like it's about 8x8 inches. I think it's the same piece that the antena comes out of on the passenger side.

I'll definitely go check out the norcal FJ page. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
:wave: Sorry about the piece falling off. But congrats on your purchase. Welcome to the forum. If you plan on ding any MOD's this is the place to be.

:cheers:

Jay

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to the forums!

:cheers:

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Welcome to the gang.

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
congrats and welcome to the forum....my suspicions is they may have replaced the windshield (which is a good thing if it was cracked or over chipped).....i had a buddy get his windshield replaced and they didn't get the clips on right and both of those corner pieces were loose and would rock around. He took it back and they fixed the problem so......maybe that's what happened with yours.....does the windshield look new?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
congrats and welcome to the forum....my suspicions is they may have replaced the windshield (which is a good thing if it was cracked or over chipped).....i had a buddy get his windshield replaced and they didn't get the clips on right and both of those corner pieces were loose and would rock around. He took it back and they fixed the problem so......maybe that's what happened with yours.....does the windshield look new?
I was thinking the same thing when it happened. The windshield is in good shape, with no cracks or chips. Like I said, it's not a big deal, just irritating. If this is the biggest issue I have, I'll be a happy camper.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
:wave:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts