Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I don't want to, it’s time to sell the FJ.

My moms in her nineties now. We had to move her in with us a few years back. That made five of us, my wife and I, two teenage kids, and grandma, all in a 1200 sq. foot house.

My brother came out to visit and wanted to help financially with taking care of mom, but times are tough. I mentioned my 4Runner was in the shop and it was hard getting mom in and out of her old Camry. So he suggested I fly down to Alabama, he owned several vehicles and he would give me his 2007 FJ, that way we can keep it in the family. He didn't have to ask twice. A few days later I took the kids with me and flew into Dothan Alabama.

Nice looking vehicle. It had 210K miles on it. I should mention my brother works for Georgia Electric, lives in Alabama, go figure. It has a few cosmetic glitches, he hit a turkey driving to work one night, there's a dent behind the front passenger turn signal, but It was well maintained, new tires, ready to go.

The kids and I piled into it and headed for the Gulf of Mexico. The first thing the kids found was the subwoofer button under the dash. My oldest plugged his iPhone into the aux on the radio and cranked it ‘Sweet Home Alabama’. You should have seen the grin on their faces. We hit the coast and drove it back through New Orleans, San Antonio, El Paso. Great trip! Great car!

Well, it turns out a Toyota FJ ain't the best vehicle for toting around ninety-year-old ladies. In fact, she nearly fell out a few times trying to get in the passenger seat.

Mom requires more care than we can provide now, so we are having to transition her to a senior care facility and unfortunately, that ain't cheap. So we gotta do what we have to to make it work. I will be transitioning back to the 4Runner and selling the FJ. Called my brother first he said, “of course that's what we should do”.

So this isn’t an official listing yet. I have a great mechanic, he does a lot of work for the beach cities 4x4 lifeguard vehicles, he will be doing a top to bottom diagnostic on the vehicle tomorrow, Thursday.

Meanwhile, I will continue to read through the threads here on the forum and do my homework on how to list it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I will post after the diagnostic.

Got to give my kid credit for the photos ...Tommy you did a great job, Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Welcome and good bye I guess.

Hope it all works out for you :)

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope to have more information later today and I will post more pictures inside and out. I wanted to mention that the trip above was about 3 weeks prior to covid, so I have had the vehicle for less than a year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts