Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member, new FJ owner, I just bought a 2007 Yellow 4wd yesterday, and I can't stop smiling. I'm coming directly out of a 2007 Acura TL Type S, and this is so much more convenient and fun to drive. I was really sick of babying the Acura, I feel like I can go anywhere in the FJ.

I have a couple of questions about the package mine came with from the factory. I'm missing a tow hitch, but I have just about everything else.

-Black leather interior
-Subwoofer
-Roof rack
-ATrac
-RR Diff
-Parking sensors
-400w inverter

It's odd that there is no tow package since the original owner opted for all that other stuff. Any idea what these packages were?

I've always been one to catch mod fever with my cars, and the FJ is no different.

Here's a list of what I'd like to start with.

-Pioneer Avic DVD/Nav unit
-Front Bull Bar
-Modest lift kit
-New tires
-Custom exhaust

I'd like to do the lift without the tires, but I'm not sure how goofy that would look without bigger rubber.

Anyway, I'm excited to have it, and I look forward to customizing over the next year or so. There aren't too too many of these around, and I see some modded FJs every now and then.

Here's a couple of pics:

·
Premium Member
16,933 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Welcome! Nice ride!! Any beach runs in your future? (does Fla even allow that?)

:cheers:

·
Registered
147 Posts
welcome! X2 on if there are any places to drive on the beach? i used to live in palm harbor, fl about 10 years ago but i was rocking vws back then.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
congrats on the rig and welcome to the gang.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Hello and welcome! Nice ride. Tow hitch can be added, just remember that if you plan to do an aftermarket rear bumper the factory hitch might not work or will have to be modified. Do the lift and don't worry about looks. You can change tires when you wear out the current shoes. It's about what works for you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beach runs are AOK in Daytona, nothing I know of here on the left coast though.

I think the first thing I'm going to do to the FJ is install a Pioneer Avic, that should hold me over for a while so I can decide what lift to go with. My head is spinning from all the info around it. Right now I'm thinking Bilstein 5100s in the front and TRD Bilsteins in the back with a 1.5" Daystar spacer. I want it leveled, and a little lift wouldn't hurt. I'm definitely going to kill these tires before I do any new rubber.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello from the North:wave:Congrats on the nice looking fj:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Nice truck! Welcome to the wonderful world of FJ cruising!
Hope to see you on the trails soon!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts