Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm a new member to the forum. I have a black 2007 manual transmission that I have owned for a little over a year. It has about 120K miles on it. I love my FJ and take it all over place. I live near Yosemite so I am always driving thru the mountains and remote roads/trails in the Sierras to get to camping spots. My fuel pump recently went out so I am looking around the forum to see if it is something I can fix myself. Really having a hard time taking it to someone that I know will overcharge me and I'm fairly knowledgeable about working on cars. I look forward to chatting with some of you and learning more about the vehicle I love so much. Will make a post soon to see if I can figure out what I type of fuel pump I need and whether or not It is something I can fix myself.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Congrats, Welcome and there's a video on the youtubes of someone replacing his fuel pump. If you follow their advice and cut a giant hole, it's pretty easy.

found it:

He and his buddy look a little rough but they're probably good people and sound like they've got a handle on what they are doing.

·
Premium Member
16,414 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats, Welcome and there's a video on the youtubes of someone replacing his fuel pump. If you follow their advice and cut a giant hole, it's pretty easy.

found it:

He and his buddy look a little rough but they're probably good people and sound like they've got a handle on what they are doing.
HA! I found this on this forum and I am definitely going this route. Trying to figure out which pump to buy to replace it and I am going to give it a go.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Welcome from WA!

Good luck with that pump. If you're feeling generous, take some pics and post a how-to for the next guy who's wondering what to do about his fuel pump. Just remember, the guy who needs it might be me. And you don't want to leave me hanging, right? :oops::oops::oops:

Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts