Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been creepin' for a few months, thought I'd finally say "Hi!"

I've had my eye on an FJ for a year or two to help handle to brutal winters around here, and last month I was lucky enough to finally get my dirty little mits on one. Found an '08 Sandstorm with just barely over 10k on the odometer and I couldn't pass it up.

Within the first week I swapped the original Bridgestones for a brand-new set of Yokohama Geolander AT's (love them so far), and had an Astrostart installed. So far I couldn't be happier, it's handled everything that I've thrown at it.

Can't wait to start the modding process, and looking forward to working with all of this board's vast knowledge on everything FJ. Thanks for all your help thus far!

(I know, I know - pics are coming soon...)

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the gang.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hello and welcome! I think I saw the '08 Sandstorm you may have bought at the BH Toyo. I looked it over when I was there with mine. Looked good.

Yup, once you start modding it's very hard to stop on your own. In my case getting married and having a new baby, um, "helped". :D

·
Premium Member
16,984 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy this forum and all the Great members who participate...Enjoy and Congrats on your new FJ!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & Welcome!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello and welcome! I think I saw the '08 Sandstorm you may have bought at the BH Toyo. I looked it over when I was there with mine. Looked good.

Yup, once you start modding it's very hard to stop on your own. In my case getting married and having a new baby, um, "helped". :D
Actually, I got my FJ in Fargo.

From a legal standpoint, my home is in Fargo (and I love it here, great town). But being born and raised in Watertown, my HOME is back in SD.

Any good wheeling out in the hills? Brought my FJ south of Oacoma along the banks of the White River a few weeks ago for west river deer season and had an absolute blast. Couple thousand acres of private pasture land all to myself...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Actually, I got my FJ in Fargo.

From a legal standpoint, my home is in Fargo (and I love it here, great town). But being born and raised in Watertown, my HOME is back in SD.

Any good wheeling out in the hills? Brought my FJ south of Oacoma along the banks of the White River a few weeks ago for west river deer season and had an absolute blast. Couple thousand acres of private pasture land all to myself...
Welcome, and congrats!
So, did you take the FJC down into that stream bed in that photo?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Any good wheeling out in the hills?
I'm pretty new to this area but supposedly, yeah, some awesome places. However, from what I've heard most the trails around here are solid 4 & 5's. Not ready to take the FJ there yet so I stick to the hundreds of fire roads around and some nice ATV trails (with my ATV, not the FJ :)) I've found. I know there are a couple off-road clubs in the area but my attempts to contact the clubs to find out about meetings/events has not been successful as of yet. Hoping to make the next TLCA Black Hills Cruiser Classic event though.

Black Hills National Forest was an open forest until a few months ago. Now there are designated trails you have to stay on. With that, the forest service has published trail maps and have promised to keep the trails maintained and marked which I think is a good thing. Their are still thousands of miles of trails open, although not all OHV approved.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts