Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys and Gals,

My name is Pete and I'm all the way up here in Newfoundland (aka The Rock), Canada!

I've been using this forum for its wealth of knowledge for several years and decided it was about time to sign up and say hello!

I purchased a fairly well used 2008 FJ Cruiser with Offroad Package a few years back after my wife fell in love with the one my mother has. Since then I have been slow to do many upgrades not being 100% sure if we would keep it long-term. The previous owner added a ReadyLift leveling kit which made the vehicle a bit nose high. As I frequently haul heavy trailers back and forth to the cabin, I added an Airlift airbag kit to the rear. I found this worked well and helped level the rig a bit. This was about the extent of my upgrades to date.

We recently made the decision to keep the vehicle long term and I was given my wife's blessing for some much needed improvements! :grin
After some annoying clunking in the front I had it checked out by our local dealer to find out I had an upper balljoint gone and the other on the way out. With over 140,000kms on the rig, I took this opportunity to upgrade the suspension with Light Racing UCA's and Toytec's BOSS suspension kit>:D.

Order went in today and hope to post my progress once I receive the order.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
33,736 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
welcome

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Welcome from NB. You must be in FJ heaven. Been to the Rock quite a few times and enjoyed myself every time.
Let us know how you like the Boss suspension in similar off-roading to ours in NB.
I've got an early '07 with a few more kms than yours and still like it as much as when I first got it.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome Pete

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Welcome