Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there! I'm new to the forums and wanted to introduce myself! I'm Mike from Northeast Arkansas, just outside of Memphis. I've found loads of useful information on these forums and would love to be a part of the community!

Here's a few pictures of my truck, "Oliver". He's an 08 with 35000 miles. It's pretty much a weekend toy, as my employer provides me with a vehicle.

DSCF1492.jpg

I like to to keep him clean, but he certainly is no stranger to the trails!

DSCF1440.jpg

DSCF1387.jpg

I'm also all too happy to show off my mistakes! This was buried in there! My friend behind me said the back wheel was about 5 feet up before it finaly settled in the mud. I seriously thought it was going to flip over here! It took us about an hour to get it out. We tried several times to just pull it out with his tacoma but traction was a serious problem and he just sat there spinning his wheels. We tried snatching it a few times and ended up nearly destroying one of the rear tow hooks! We finally had to use a come along and cranked on it for about 30 minutes from different angles and finally eased it back out of the hole!

DSCF1479.jpg

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome to the forum:wave:Great colour choice:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Welcome aboard Mike, thanks for sharing your pics. BTW, hope the flood area isn't too close to you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome! My area isn't too prone to flooding, but the surrounding area certainly is, and I seen the "road closed" signs as a challenge!

photo.jpg

·
Premium Member
16,932 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
love that ricochet air dam.
was going to order one but it looks like it uses the same space as the rigid light bar.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the gang.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
Howdy!

A lot of us have done something similar, if not in the FJ, in a former vehicle.

Hope you stay dry. I have family in the area, and it seems they are fine too. Pretty amazing...

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Welcome to the Forums!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard

1 - 16 of 16 Posts