Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kind of new to this. Just wondering if anyone out there is in the SE Wisconsin area. Would like to know good places to rip around in our area.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
I'm kind of new to this. Just wondering if anyone out there is in the SE Wisconsin area. Would like to know good places to rip around in our area.
Unfortunately, I don't think there's much around there for offroading...

Are there any off road trails near southeast wisconsin I could take my jeep on? - Yahoo! Answers

Wisconsin off road trails? - Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums

Midwest 4x4 Off Road Clubs and Associations Directory

However, it's a great place for fossil hunting. I suggest you take up another hobby....not instead of, but in addition to offroading, just to make sure you have something else to have fun with between road trips to offroading places.

For me, it's a little of the opposite.....we have all kinds of offroading places all over the area where we live, but good fossil hunting only happens on weekend road trips to places far away.

Good luck on finding something close. It will be interesting to hear of anything else people come back with (we go to WI once in a while, and it would be cool to have a place to hit on our way through). :cheers:

·
Registered
180 Posts
hi and welcome,
i read something about an orv park near kenosha and racine. I just got my FJ in December and have been looking to see what's out there. I'm thinking up north near crivitz or somewhere like that in the nicolet forest. I'm in Sheboygan Falls and have been looking for a few people near me. I know there are a few clubs in the Oshkosh/Appleton area.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
There's really no ORV parks or trails in SE Wisconsin. Most of the ORV parks in southern Wis. and Northern IL. cater to the quad and dirt bike folks. The only place left for trail riding is in the Northwoods. Search for Northwoods Overland. You'll need to check the dates they are open. A couple of folks here hit the park and raved about it. McCaslin is closed and the pipeline near Crivitz is getting hit by DNR. I know that a couple of Jeep clubs have private trails established near Richland Center but you need to be a member to use them. I don't know the names of those clubs.
One option is to hit The Cliff's west of Joliet IL. That park is ok but the only other option for me is The Badlands in Attica IN. You can always venture into Iowa or Missiouri where there are a few more parks to play in.

Accept the fact that there really isn't anything close and you'll have to travel a bit just to ride trails.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcomes and tips everyone. Looks like i'll be traveling or talking to some of the local people with land i guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts