Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say hi....I'm new here....just got a 2007 black cherry FJ. It has armrests, subwoofer (which to me is no big deal...don't really hear a difference), and I'm not really sure what upgrades I have. At the risk of sounding ignorant, its my first Toyota so I don't know much about the FJ except I liked the look...always turns heads! Dealer said there wasn't much else I could have on it, but it lacks a cover for the rear tire and skid plate, which is what I've noticed so far.

If someone could explain the packages to me so I'll know what the heck I have, it would be great!

I bought it used from the dealer. Had 1,900 miles on it. Got it for 26,500. I think that was a pretty decent price from what I've read here.

I traded in a Nissan Titan for it, and I'm still getting used to the change. Its a big one! I'm certainly liking the savings in gas! :)

So far I like the vehicle, and looking forward to doing a few changes here and there.

Well, just wanted to say hi and I'm looking forward to learning from you all!

Have a great Friday!
Crickett
:)

·
Registered
148 Posts
I traded in a Nissan Titan for it, and I'm still getting used to the change. Its a big one! I'm certainly liking the savings in gas! :)
That's a great, positive attitude! The gas mileage is one of the more common complaints on here, but there you go. Better than a Nissan Titan. :)

Welcome to the forum! There are a ton of great, friendly, and fun people here. Congrats on your purchase. These vehicles are unstoppable!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Welcome Cricket.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
BLACK CHERRY!!!!!!!!

Hello there!!!!!

That will never get old for me!!!

What ever you don't understand, do a search and if you can't find it ask. Someone will hopefully answer you!!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have Upgrade Package #2 (UR) which has just about all of the factory options (not accessories). The factory skid plate is pretty much non-functional, it's just for looks so you're not missing much there. The spare tire cover is a matter of perference as it won't fit if you go to larger tires at some point.

Congrats on the FJ, hope you have fun with it and fun with the crew here.

-Jade

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Congrats on the new FJ.

Love that color!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Nice to see someone else with good taste is color. Welcome to the mob, help yourself to a straight jacket in the corner.

·
Registered
249 Posts
congrats and welcome!!:grinbiginvert:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome, I have the 07 Black Cherry as well. Talk about change...I traded an 05 Mustang for this, so my gas mileage goes the other way and I am much higher up.

I love mine.

I have the upgrade #1 which is the same as the #2 without the Subwoofer. I opted not to have the subwoofer in my mustang either since I think it takes up valuable space without contributing much to sound quality. If you want good sound you go with something other than a factory system, you'll get much more bang for your buck.

The only other thing that I don't have on mine that I want and will get from Toyota is the trailer hitch. Any other mods will be from other sources.

Sorry for dragging on.

can't wait for the pics.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Congrats on the FJ and Welcome :wave:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Way to go! You will never regret it. If you find yourself driving around for no reason just to be driving it, this is normal. Now break out the cash because it's mod time.:stickpoke:

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts