Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts
I also managed to get up into the big hole of the escalator...but then from that point the fj consumed the entire hole... one day I'll make it through ;) here's pics of that...

Kudos for even attempting Escalator. I keep waiting for Scott and Sara to get over there with me so Sara can spot me up, but it hasn't happened yet. I think I know the right line but until I get the right spotter and sear it into their memory I'm not putting my vehicle at risk. :)

Jim

You really got to do an "S" up it.... in all reality I think that the FJ is just to big IMO. We layed her on the bushwhacker with full weight..no body damage thankfully.

I actually think it's possible for an FJ to get up it but everything would have to fall into place (including the traction being excellent, not marginal like it generally is......what with all the oil, rubber and whatever else the surface is usually coated with). I suppose I'll find out one of these days.

Jim

Great pics Jim and Athena :clap:

Makin' it all look easy.

It's obvious someone recently busted a diff... it was caked..but otherwise then that, I feel it's possible.. I mean I got her up half way... it's just that once the hole is consumed the wrong way there's no re-situating..

Freaking sweet pics!! Nice job on attempting the escalator:cheers: Glad the bushwackers held ya up. WHo spotted BIll up the gate?

So this was from Cruise moab?

Robbie Aniston from the Trails Team was out with his personal vehicle. The first day of Cruise Moab that had no assigned trails that day. It was Bill's birthday... he said he wanted to finally do an obstacle with the perfect spotter (he so swiped the hell's gate out from underneath me :rofl:)

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Bill took your glory!! At least you attempted the escalator that thing is wicked lookign up close and personal. COol thats awesome Robbie joined you guys..what was he driving?

Here's his rig... we've been with him on a trail out here in Colorado before... I was quick to jump in his rig to idle for the winch ;)

80 series? Ohh hes the guy who joined your trail run that one time now I remember. Which hot tub is that?

the real easy one :rofl:... that's the only one we did

I was hoping for that..the other one is ridiculous:rofl: Thanks for sharing some cruiser pics:cheers:

If you get the passenger side rear tire over by the wall more and drop the front driver tire off that lip you're on, you go right up.

I spent about 15 minutes dicking around in there the first time I tried it and finally found the line with my old Toyota truck.

Oh and for the record, I think an FJ can do Escalator....after all, several H2s, H3s and H1s have done it now.....if that's not too wide then NOTHING is. ;)

Good job on trying it.:clap:

Sean

sweet... I think you're on to something..I seriously think if you do an "S" up it... it'd work too.

sweet... I think you're on to something..I seriously think if you do an "S" up it... it'd work too.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. If you get the rear over by the wall and bring the front off that lip, you are essentially doing an "S".

You'll get it next time!

Sean

a lot do..the person before my hubby popped up pretty high..I almost grabbed his CB once he was done to call down to Bill to tell him not to do it. :rofl:... all in all it was ok. I have some videos of us going up the nasty part and yeah we popped up. I'll upload it soon. It really depends on the spot and driver.

a lot do..the person before my hubby popped up pretty high..I almost grabbed his CB once he was done to call down to Bill to tell him not to do it. :rofl:... all in all it was ok. I have some videos of us going up the nasty part and yeah we popped up. I'll upload it soon. It really depends on the spot and driver.
I guess it's something ya don't understand unless your there. Actually I would be willing to bet on that. Pics and video only tell half of the story.

From the pics it looks like u could straddle the gap the majority of the way up. Seems like I have saw videos of other FJ's doing it and there wheels stayed planted. Could be wrong though. It's always fun to pop a wheel or two in the air.

the problem is that when you're strattling it you need to keep from climbing the wall higher, hard to do since you are climbing an ascend. Another problem is that once you do start getting a tire off the ground you don't realize it because you feel your just climbing the rock.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.